Help!

Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

jeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant future
Question Help!

Hi all

New to this Forum and looking for some advice!

Me and my partner have spent time in Oz & New Zealand. Since being back in UK (3 years) we just cannot settle and keep thinking about moving elsewhere. Some days we think England is good, we love going to the Lake District and taking trips to Wales & Scotland. Other days we think let's get out of here!

We are really considering travelling to Canada with the possibilty of eventually emigrating. question is, do we go out on a working holiday visa and see how we like it? How easy is it to get sponsorship once out there? I know in New Zealand it's very easy to go on a working holiday visa and end up with residency!
Do we give up jobs and everything here just to go on a holiday visa?

So confused!!!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 1:12 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!

Originally Posted by jeany
How easy is it to get sponsorship once out there? I know in New Zealand it's very easy to go on a working holiday visa and end up with residency!
Its almost impossible to do that in Canada at the moment,

THe problem is that the type of work you can get on a BUNAC working holiday visa is usually pretty low end, but to leverage that into a permanent work permit the employer has to show they couldnt find someone already entitled to stay in canada who could do the job.

However there was some recent talk of changing things, but Im not sure if that wasnt solely for people on regular work permits to convert more easily to permanent residency, rather than the BUNAC type you are suggesting.

Good Luck, come visit Canada anyway, they will let you in for 6 months at a time as a visitor.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to all

Hi all

New to this Forum and looking for some advice!

Me and my partner have spent time in Oz & New Zealand. Since being back in UK (3 years) we just cannot settle and keep thinking about moving elsewhere. Some days we think England is good, we love going to the Lake District and taking trips to Wales & Scotland. Other days we think let's get out of here!

We are really considering travelling to Canada with the possibilty of eventually emigrating. question is, do we go out on a working holiday visa and see how we like it? How easy is it to get sponsorship once out there? I know in New Zealand it's very easy to go on a working holiday visa and end up with residency!

So confused!!!
Check out the Provincial Governments websites for Nominee Programmes.

My wife and I sold up in England to move to Scotland, came to NB a year ago to take a vacation whist visiting relations and friends either side of the border US/CDN border, before going to Scotland.

Whilst here, we had so much positive input and warmth from locals, that we applied for and were granted a 15 month TRV extension.
Then immigrated to Canada (within Canada) through NB`s PNP scheme.

Just the two of us, no kids, so of course it was an easier exercise.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 12:25 am
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold

Hi all

...question is, do we go out on a working holiday visa and see how we like it? How easy is it to get sponsorship once out there? I know in New Zealand it's very easy to go on a working holiday visa and end up with residency!

So confused!!!
Not easy at all - at work an Ozzie was told she had to go back to Oz and apply for PR (Permanent Residency) from there (with a 15 month wait) before being able to come back and work in Canada. A real pity as she was ACE at her job (but we could not get her a work permit as her job did not fall within PNP and her job could be filled by a Canadian )

But yes, if you are under ?35? you can come over on BUNAC and see if you like it. www.bunac.org

And - as an aside - speaking as someone who lived near the Lake District, BC knocks spots off the place!!

Clare
Old Dec 9th 2005, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

jeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant future

Thanks for the info, will take a look at the website. Sounds good if you can apply whilst in Canada.

Originally Posted by steve of 5-0
Check out the Provincial Governments websites for Nominee Programmes.

My wife and I sold up in England to move to Scotland, came to NB a year ago to take a vacation whist visiting relations and friends either side of the border US/CDN border, before going to Scotland.

Whilst here, we had so much positive input and warmth from locals, that we applied for and were granted a 15 month TRV extension.
Then immigrated to Canada (within Canada) through NB`s PNP scheme.

Just the two of us, no kids, so of course it was an easier exercise.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

steve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to all

Thanks for the info, will take a look at the website. Sounds good if you can apply whilst in Canada.
It`s not designed for specific "in Canada already" immigration, it is just one way available, that happens to work if you can afford to remain in Canada for around about a year or so, not working or studying, but whilst applying, one can truthfully state to a province that one is doing private physability research in conjunction with what ever business plan has been submitted to the province, with regard to PNP / PR Business Visa.