Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hello from Glasgow, UK

Wikiposts

Hello from Glasgow, UK

Old Nov 1st 2007, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Hello from Glasgow, UK

Originally Posted by fionamst
Hi Thomas

What do you mean by the Isles of Glencoe? Isn't it a valley?

We used to visit it from time to time as we lived in Aviemore.

Fiona
Cheers Biiiiiink
that's right........It's the name of a hotel in Ballachulish (wasn't that a kids' TV programme too?!) No I think that's Balamory
Old Nov 1st 2007, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MandD
Hi Thomas
We are from Ayrshire and hoping to be in Calgary beginning of next year. If we could just get a buyer for the house.

Off to have medicals in Glasgow tomorrow, frantically running around looking for kids immunisation record, and think i have already packed them.....somewhere

now where is my purse cos I think I am about to just hand it over, 5 medicals here we come
MandD
Just in time for the brutal Calgary winter weather that's a survival challenge right there.

Good Luck with your move.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:36 am
Just Joined

mariouch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by neilt
Hey all,

I've been thinking about moving out to Canada on and off for the last 6 years.

We spent 3 weeks this summer in British Columbia and Alberta which was really good.

I'm now seriously thinking about starting an Skilled worker application, but need to do a bit of research. I'm sure I'll come up with loads of questions.

Is there anyone else around the central Scotland in a similar position?

Thanks
We are from Glasgow as well. We applied for permanent residency in August 07 and want to move to Kelowna BC.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Journeyman Electrician
Cheers Biiiiiink
that's right........It's the name of a hotel in Ballachulish (wasn't that a kids' TV programme too?!) No I think that's Balamory
Hehe, no, I know Balamory. My kid went off it a bit after Josie I morphed into Josie II, freaked him out a little!

I was wrong about Ballachulish being a programme, googled and it seems the program I'm thinking of was actually called "Seaview" (?1980-83ish, with a teenage Yvette Fielding). I think the guest house they lived in was called Ballachulish. And it was in Blackpool. Go figure

Last edited by Biiiiink; Nov 9th 2007 at 1:40 am.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

JHJarvie is just really niceJHJarvie is just really niceJHJarvie is just really niceJHJarvie is just really niceJHJarvie is just really niceJHJarvie is just really niceJHJarvie is just really niceJHJarvie is just really niceJHJarvie is just really nice

Originally Posted by mariouch
We are from Glasgow as well. We applied for permanent residency in August 07 and want to move to Kelowna BC.
Hi mariouch, We are from Cumbernauld and are moving to Burlington ON on 22nd of Jan 2008 (Skilled Workers Visa), done a Reccie trip to Kelowna and its brilliant, housing a bit more expensive though, however Burlington won the toss up mainly because of emp[loyment prospects, but hey go for it! drop us a line if we can help, what attracted you to Kelowna, whats your profession?
Old Nov 10th 2007, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

scotswearkilts is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all,

We spent 3 weeks this summer in British Columbia and Alberta which was really good.

I'm now seriously thinking about starting an Skilled worker application, but need to do a bit of research. I'm sure I'll come up with loads of questions.

Thanks
Hi Neil, me and my family moved out to Calgary from Johnstone on the first of June. I'm an Electrician and got a job with Unitech. I was on a 6 month work permit as I had to pass the Canadian Code exam which I have now done, I'm just waiting for my 2 year permit then we go for PR. Calgary is fantastic and I highly rate it . Any questions just post a thread. Jim.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 8:18 am
Just Joined

wilsond3010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all,

Thanks
Hey there.

I've been here in regina for 2 years now and just got my landed imigrant status.

came over from ayrshire.

Apart from the -40 in the winter and the +40 is the summer it's really good

Although i know BC and Alberta are the most popular towns

I find the life style in general pretty good here in Sk.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 1:27 am
Account Closed

highlandspirit8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello from Ayrshire
We have also been thinking of moving to Canada - can't quite decide where. I lived in Ontario for 2 years in the early 90's, now want to move back with my family. I would also be going through the skilled worker programme, so many hoops to jump through.... would love to hear from anyone out there with similar ideas.
Hey all,

Thanks
Old Nov 14th 2007, 2:40 am
Just Joined

wilsond3010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by highlandspirit8
Hello from Ayrshire
We have also been thinking of moving to Canada - can't quite decide where. I lived in Ontario for 2 years in the early 90's, now want to move back with my family. I would also be going through the skilled worker programme, so many hoops to jump through.... would love to hear from anyone out there with similar ideas.
There is a couple of ways.

i was lucky since i was 36 on year of entry i managed to squeeze in for the 1st year under the Bunac program

Then company sponsered me for the 2 year work visa.

my skilled workers visa via the provincial nominee which was supposedly fast tracked too 8 months to complete

But 1 of the problems i had which delayed it a month was the scottish police gave me the wrong form the first time. Dont use the disclosure scotland one as its not go enough information.

Inform them it's got be done under the data protection act section 7 to get the right one and it's a pdf to fill out and cheque