Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hello from Birmingham

Hello from Birmingham

Old Jul 25th 2008, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

kwiksnipper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello from Birmingham

Hi I am Chloe, I am 18. I am propably moving to Canada with my parents later this year as my Dad has been offered a job with his company there. I wasnt going to go but it gives my a chance to see Canada before I return to the UK on my own next year to start Uni.
For those of you that have already done it what it like waking up on the first morning after you have arrived and realsing that you suddenly live in a new country???
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:45 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Birmingham

Originally Posted by kwiksnipper
Hi I am Chloe, I am 18. I am propably moving to Canada with my parents later this year as my Dad has been offered a job with his company there. I wasnt going to go but it gives my a chance to see Canada before I return to the UK on my own next year to start Uni.
For those of you that have already done it what it like waking up on the first morning after you have arrived and realsing that you suddenly live in a new country???
One word

AWESOME
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
One word

AWESOME
Ditto.

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 5:36 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

One word

AWESOME
Yup.
x
Old Jul 25th 2008, 6:55 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Welcome to BE
Old Jul 25th 2008, 7:08 pm
The /wortley`s

The Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant future

Hi, we live in Halesowen and hope to be in Canada early next year, we have our visas. We have an 18yr old daughter who is coming with us, which part of Birmingham do you live and which part of Canada are you going to.
How do you parents feel about leaving you in England?
Old Jul 25th 2008, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

mjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ya !

We are fellow Brummies and we moved to B.C Canada just under a year and a half ago ! I can only say it has been the best thing we have ever done !
We have a five year old daughter,and the quality of life she has is awesome......always around a friends house by the pool, by the beach etc etc....just a totally different life to what she would of had back home !

My only regret is that my mom and dad didnt move here when I was a nipper !!!
Old Jul 27th 2008, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

My parents wish I would move out there permanntly but I dont want to. I said I would go for a year but thats it. I want to study and remain in the country where I was born. I feel sorry for my sister as at 15 she has to go with them and is already complaing that she will miss her freinds etc
Old Jul 27th 2008, 5:46 pm
The /wortley`s

The Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant future

My parents wish I would move out there permanntly but I dont want to. I said I would go for a year but thats it. I want to study and remain in the country where I was born. I feel sorry for my sister as at 15 she has to go with them and is already complaing that she will miss her freinds etc
Hi Kwiksnipper, which part of canada are your parents moving to?
Old Jul 27th 2008, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Vancouver
Old Jul 27th 2008, 8:44 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Hello....and Welcome to BE
Old Aug 4th 2008, 2:11 am
Just Joined

LizzyC is an unknown quantity at this point

hello brummie lass!
we lived in stourbridge but i worked in brum for many years! we have been here a month and so far so good.
i also have moved to america in my early twenties - alone and lived there for 2 years and enjoyed that... and before that i came out here as a young teenager with my parents as my dad worked in toronto for a couple of years.. no regrets there too and loved the lifestyle both as a teenager, adult and now an old married woman (well in my 30')
to get away from the hussle and bussle of brum is a joy and you will love the people here as they are so friendly.
good luck
LizzyC
Old Aug 7th 2008, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, i just wish my dad had been offered a job in LA rather than vancouver. We are hopign to get over there for a few days a tthe end of Aug so I will be ablet o see the place for the first time when i get out there
Old Aug 7th 2008, 5:32 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, i just wish my dad had been offered a job in LA rather than vancouver.
Van Vs LA?

Van EVERYTIME
Old Aug 7th 2008, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Van Vs LA?

Van EVERYTIME
Yep, got to agree with that.

Eamonn & Janet.