Health issues

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

JulesinUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Health issues

Hi, Wonder if anyone can help on this query??
We got our AOR in dec'04 and realise we will still have to wait for quite a while for our medicals. However, since we sent off the application, our health has changed. In the last couple of months, my husband has been diagnosed with diabetes- type 2 (which is not insulin dependant). He's feeling fine, but its something that stays with you once you've got it.
I have had to have x rays this week as I now have arthritis (beginnings of).
From reading this, you'd think we were a couple of geriatrics but we're in our early 40's believe it or not!!!!(and lively ones at that!!!!!)
Our concern is that as our circumstances have charnged since the appplications went in, they may not consider us as much.
Down in the dumps!!!!!
Any advice
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health issues

Originally Posted by JulesinUK
Hi, Wonder if anyone can help on this query??
We got our AOR in dec'04 and realise we will still have to wait for quite a while for our medicals. However, since we sent off the application, our health has changed. In the last couple of months, my husband has been diagnosed with diabetes- type 2 (which is not insulin dependant). He's feeling fine, but its something that stays with you once you've got it.
I have had to have x rays this week as I now have arthritis (beginnings of).
From reading this, you'd think we were a couple of geriatrics but we're in our early 40's believe it or not!!!!(and lively ones at that!!!!!)
Our concern is that as our circumstances have charnged since the appplications went in, they may not consider us as much.
Down in the dumps!!!!!
Any advice
Can't help you with the arthritis query but I am insulin dependant diabetic and I was assured by CHC (amongst others) that, provided it was well controlled it would not present a problem for my application. Prescriptions are diabetics responsibility in Canada and so I would not be a burden on the Canadian Health System.

Having said that, most Drs will tell you that most Type II diabetics have poorer control than their Type I counterparts due to them not seeing it as as serious ! I'm sure your husband will be fine. I was diagnosed when I was 26. I was in the Army at the time and lost my health, my home and my job !! Positive attitude and healthy living means that, unless I tell people, they haven't a clue that I am diabetic and it has never stopped me doing or eating anything I want.

Best of luck with the application