Health Insurance

Health Insurance

Old Jan 26th 2010, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

nixxxs is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Health Insurance

Hi all,
My query is something that I am sure a majority of you have come across
I will be landing in Ontario at the end of march and I am aware there is up to a 3 month period Ohip wont cover, can anyone recommend somewhere for health cover for those three months, I dont think its worth being chintzy over something like health care so am looking at round the maximum (which is around $150,000 cover) have been to blue cross and they want $500 , any other thoughts from you good people out there ?
Old Jan 26th 2010, 4:59 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health Insurance

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Medica...edicare_starts

Ive heard OK things about Canadasure here in the past.... Dont know how effective searching this topic would be.

$150000 seems kind of a low maximum to me?
Old Jan 26th 2010, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

Its all they go up too..
Old Jan 26th 2010, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of

I used the co-operators, I paid around $84 per month and when I got my ohip they refunded the amount I didn't use (I was lucky enough to ge tmy ohip backdated)

They were always really good to deal with and the price was great, no idea how it compares coverage wise though as I was more concerned with not having to spend a fortune.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 5:51 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nixxxs
Its all they go up too..
The point was to shop around for a higher max...$150k may not cover something like a serious car accident and time in the ICU for example

Although not directly comparable, a friend had a heart attack in the states, followed by pneumonia while in hospital. It was touch and go for a while, eventually he was medivaked back to Ontario. Total bill, after renegotiation between the hospital and insurer...$450+k!

Last edited by iaink; Jan 26th 2010 at 5:57 pm. Reason: Moved the winkie for Alans sake!
Old Jan 26th 2010, 5:53 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
The point was to shop around for a higher max...$150k may not cover something like a serious car accident and time in the ICU for example
I know smilies are encouraged to prevent ambiguity, but is a winking smiley really appropriate for a sentence about serious car accidents and ICU costs?
Old Jan 26th 2010, 5:57 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I know smilies are encouraged to prevent ambiguity, but is a winking smiley really appropriate for a sentence about serious car accidents and ICU costs?
Happy now
Old Jan 26th 2010, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Hi again, the cover was a bit confusing, that was referring too "personal accident" cover as I have now checked canadasure and they also state around that amount "accident"cover , BUT emerg med cover is $4,000,000. so I think I have my answer now, many thanks
Old Jan 26th 2010, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Benoit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

On the CanadaSure policy they mention "Personal Liability", do you know if there is a difference entre "Personal Liability" and "civil responsibility"?

We have rented a flat for our first 3 months and we have been asked to subscribe to a personal insurance policy for civil responsibility. I just want to know if this will be covered by CanadaSure or if we will have to get another insurance.

Thanks,

Benoit