Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used Canadain Affair Airlines??

Has anyone used Canadain Affair Airlines??

Old Apr 24th 2008, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Doomed to be stuck in the West Midlands forever!!!!
Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all
Default Re: Has anyone used Canadain Affair Airlines??

Originally Posted by McNicoll family
I am now really confused as some of you seem to have assumed that a) my 4 year old sons leg is in plaster and b) that I am expecting an emergency exit seat.

To clarify:

a) He is not in plaster. And will hopefully be off traction in a week and a ahlf, he may or may not need crutches, hoping not, the wheelchair/buggy is only in case his leg gets tired because he has been off for it a while, and the muscles will need building up, having said all that he may not need either.

b) We would not get an emergency exit seat anyway as both my children are too young, we have pre-booked our seats, at the back of the plane, 2 x 2, so one child and adult, with one child and adult behind.

I do hope that this clears this up, as my original rant was about the fact that they had cancelled our flights from Glasgow and the remark about my son which has been picked up was just an aside.
Hi Sandra

I have PM you.

Sue x
Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

McNicoll family is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sue,

I have PM'd you back!!

Sandra
x
Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I have flown BA, KLM and Air France into Montreal. AF had an edge with personal TV screens...but I'll bet others have had them on the airlines that didn't have them for me.
BA in Europe are quite nice. Never gone transtlantic with them, nor with AF. Last I was on an AF flight I had to change in Paris, had a business seat and got off in UK vowing to never set foot on AF and to avoid Paris CDG like the plague.

KLM VOD screens have worked great on the 777 aircrafts. Flying United Heathrow to Los Angeles in a 777 with an excellent economy plus seat was great. Food was very good for being airplane food. On my way back I was n a 747 with in seat entertainment that didn't work.

NWA had me so enraged with their lack of customer service that I hate them. However - I am abandoning the KLM/AF Flying Blue program and moving to NWA Worldperks. The Merger with Delta is in my opinion a good thing as I like Delta. And should I have to chose between AF and NWA, the latter wins.

I have no issue with Air Canada at all.

LH is pretty good in Europe but the shabby airbus they put me on out to here left me less than happy.

I'm a flyer miles addict so I avoid airlines that don't have that on offer. Currently I have 30k in aeroplan and 100+k in KLM.

Never been on airtransat or canadian affair but did fly Monarc to Tenerife and I wasn't too impressed.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 5:36 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

WE got bumped coming back from Florida one time - but we were first to lbook it and we were asked if we would like to take the same flight the next day - we got a night in hotel, dinner , lunch etc . . . and also a free return flight valid for a year - any where that they flew too
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:13 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Supporters of Zoom over CanadianAffair might want to take a look here.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Supporters of Zoom over CanadianAffair might want to take a look here.
The same thing happened to me on Canadian Affair, it was only by a day, but they didn't let me know, I only knew by checking on the internet and phoning up.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babsi
The same thing happened to me on Canadian Affair, it was only by a day, but they didn't let me know, I only knew by checking on the internet and phoning up.
Ditto me on ThomasCook/CA - changed flight time by several hours, no notification whatsoever.

It pays to check all cheapies regularly!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't get time to finish what I was going to say earlier. I phoned them up to bascially say what is going on? They said there was a change and they notified me by post to my address in Canada! I actually never received any letter so I then asked what if I didn't check the flight and they had no answer. I was going to get something out of it, I tried for an upgrade no chance, they can't do that but I did get my seat booked, so generous!

I totally forgot about this until I saw what happened with Zoom.

It pays to check the flight status.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Tracy24 will become famous soon enough

My inlaws use them all the time to get to Calgary as hubby's brother is out there and they go at least twice a year if not 3 times some times. They've been using them for about 5 years now and not had any problems with them.

They seem to be one of the cheaper of the companies to get to Canada.

HTH
Old Apr 29th 2008, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

PurpleLotus is an unknown quantity at this point

We have used Canadian Affair, and Zoom, and never had a problem with either, thankfully. Zoom were excellent on our Immigration flight, and took very good care of our (large) dog. My parents (now in their late 60's / early 70's) are also travelling via Canadian Affair in two weeks to come visit us, and my Mum has a few health problems which Canadian Affair have told her they will assist with.... fingers crossed for a safe journey!

Purps :-)
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Location: Lee-on-the-Solent, Hampshire, UK...soon a new life in Canada ;o)
amberdayz is on a distinguished road

Hi all
'HELP'

Just about to book our flights, but have a slight problem with regard to booking a hire car. In the splurge it states that a major credit card is needed for deposit and security reasons. As we don't have one, will a visa debit card do???
Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

skyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really nice

[QUOTE=YYZlover;6260178]BA in Europe are quite nice. Never gone transtlantic with them, nor with AF. Last I was on an AF flight I had to change in Paris, had a business seat and got off in UK vowing to never set foot on AF and to avoid Paris CDG like the plague.

KLM VOD screens have worked great on the 777 aircrafts. Flying United Heathrow to Los Angeles in a 777 with an excellent economy plus seat was great. Food was very good for being airplane food. On my way back I was n a 747 with in seat entertainment that didn't work.

NWA had me so enraged with their lack of customer service that I hate them. However - I am abandoning the KLM/AF Flying Blue program and moving to NWA Worldperks. The Merger with Delta is in my opinion a good thing as I like Delta. And should I have to chose between AF and NWA, the latter wins.

I have no issue with Air Canada at all.

LH is pretty good in Europe but the shabby airbus they put me on out to here left me less than happy.

I'm a flyer miles addict so I avoid airlines that don't have that on offer. Currently I have 30k in aeroplan and 100+k in KLM.

Never been on airtransat or canadian affair but did fly Monarc to Tenerife and I wasn't too impressed.[/QUOTE

Charles de Gaule more like Charles de BALLS!! every time I have flown there (three times) they have lost my Luggage (UK to Paris HOW!!) they give a little survival pack.....air france T shirt and toothpast etc, it's amazing when in Paris just how many people you see wearing white air France T shirts
They even lost my mother in laws case on a completely seperate flight for a whole 7 days! (no wonder the French invented perfume!)
Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

skyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really nice

Originally Posted by amberdayz
Hi all
'HELP'

Just about to book our flights, but have a slight problem with regard to booking a hire car. In the splurge it states that a major credit card is needed for deposit and security reasons. As we don't have one, will a visa debit card do???

I'm not so sure..I don't thinks so, you need to call them and maybe book over the phone, they may require you to leave a cash deposit on collection. I'm sure they have had this issue many times. Good luck (have you tried www.carhire3000.com ) I found them amazing value, very helpful and cheaper if booked on the phone (Manchester based)
Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

danfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Ditto me on ThomasCook/CA - changed flight time by several hours, no notification whatsoever.

It pays to check all cheapies regularly!
Not just the cheapies - NWA cancelled my wife's flight to Calgary via the states. The first we knew was when we arrived at the airport and her flight wasn't listed on the departures board.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Location: Lee-on-the-Solent, Hampshire, UK...soon a new life in Canada ;o)
amberdayz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by skyturner
I'm not so sure..I don't thinks so, you need to call them and maybe book over the phone, they may require you to leave a cash deposit on collection. I'm sure they have had this issue many times. Good luck (have you tried www.carhire3000.com ) I found them amazing value, very helpful and cheaper if booked on the phone (Manchester based)

Thanks for your reply

I've just received an e-mail back and they'll except either, so that's a relief.

Will check out the link too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.