Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used Canadain Affair Airlines??

Has anyone used Canadain Affair Airlines??

Old Apr 9th 2008, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Doomed to be stuck in the West Midlands forever!!!!
Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all
Default Has anyone used Canadain Affair Airlines??

........ Has anyone used this airline?........ if so, what did you think??

Any thoughts and/or opinions would be helpful..

Thanx......
Old Apr 9th 2008, 2:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone used Canadain Affair Airlines??

Originally Posted by Twink001

Thanx......
They're not an airline, although they're owned by Air Transat now. They use Transat, ThomasCook/MyTravel I think, it's hard to keep up You'll see who operates the flight when you're browsing schedules.

Lots of us have used them at one time or another, no major problems. Their ThomasCook 757s to Toronto in particular are great value as they have a generous seat pitch.

Last edited by Biiiiink; Apr 9th 2008 at 2:43 pm. Reason: changed to specifically Toronto, not sure they use them on other East routes
Old Apr 9th 2008, 2:36 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was more of an agency than an airline? My parents have often used it to find cheap flights over. Often the flight itself was with Thomas Cook if I recall correctly.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 2:37 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Cheap and cheerful. Some people here have found them unreliable with cancelled flights etc, but many are perfectly happy with them in a "You gets what you pays for!" fashion.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future

hi, sed them in january, no delays...nothing...id use them again
Old Apr 9th 2008, 2:47 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

The delay / cancellation thing seems to apply only to flights to "smaller" cities like Halifax or Edmonton...I guess if the flight isnt booked enough to make money, they just pull it. If you are looking for flights to Toronto or Vancouver where demand is stronger, then its probably not going to be an issue.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 2:52 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Thanx......
HATE THEM! But that is just me. Never had flights cancelled but lots of niggling things that lead to the experience seeming worse than it actually is!

As others have said Canadian Affair is just a booking agent who use Transat, Thomas Cook, My Travel and occasionaly Monarch.

If you want cheap, no frills flights then go for it, but I would recommend pre booking your seats if for no other reason than to not get bumped should they over book. I don't think that is as big a concern anymore, it happened to us when they first opened the Vancouver booking center and all the flights were double booked due to system errors!

Personally I will not fly them again, and with BA flying in to Calgary now at least I have a decent alternative. However having worked for Virgin Atlantic and rarely having flown economy (the joys of staff benefits) I have been spoilt in my flying experiences. Each to their own
Old Apr 9th 2008, 3:01 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

I flew with them to Halifax but it was back in 2005 so this might not help much. At the time they were great. They offered you extra leg room as standard without having to upgrade to a "premium economy" seat at double the price. Flights were on time and for me they flew from Manchester which was great but unfortunately they canned that route a few months after we flew with them.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 3:04 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx......
Used them quite often with no problems at all; as has been said it's not an airline, but an agency....they use Air Transat, whose planes I have found are not as good as Thomas Cook, the other airline they use.
Used Zoom when we went back to the UK in March (www.flyzoom.com) and we just as peased with them.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

I used them when I flew over, mostly because excess baggage is much cheaper on Air Transat than the other airlines that I looked at (and I was about 25kg over my limit!). Don't remember much about the flight, but I got here OK .
Old Apr 9th 2008, 3:21 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
Don't remember much about the flight, but I got here OK .
Free drinks too was it?
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby & I have been using them since 2002 - no major problems, just the odd hic up but nothing to put us off using them again this year.

We always go for the premier seats & pre book them - we think it's worth the extra.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:45 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

We used them flew with Thomas Cook and Transat no problems at all cheap and cheerfullll
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:55 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35
We used them flew with Thomas Cook and Transat no problems at all cheap and cheerfullll
Flew with Canadian Affair in 2003 to Toronto, Premium Economy and it was fantastic. Flew into Calgary this year with Zoom, in their Premium Economy which wasn't a patch on Canadian Affiar (it was a MyTravel plane).

I would use both again but my preference would be for Canadian Affiar.

Havin flown a lot on business, I would say that BA are not much better than either of these cheap airlines, especially if you are flying economy with BA.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

KAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really nice

We have been back and forth 6 times in the last 2years and used them everytime. Always been quite happy except for the last time 2 weeks ago. I was booked onto the Air Transat flight and they were no where near as good as My Travel or Thomas Cook. Have booked them again, Premium economy when we fly out for the last time in August. Is definately worth paying the xtra.

Karen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.