ham radio

Old Mar 2nd 2009, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

westewoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ham radio

hi gang does anyone know if the regs have changed? in the uk i hold a 2e0 call sign, and years ago if you had a m1 or m0 or g0 you could use it abroad, but have they changed the regs so i could use my 2e0 in canada and the us. or am i going to have to sit my exams again for a canadian liecence. hope this makes sence to someone 73. 2e0wes
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 5:34 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ham radio

Originally Posted by westewoo
hi gang does anyone know if the regs have changed? in the uk i hold a 2e0 call sign, and years ago if you had a m1 or m0 or g0 you could use it abroad, but have they changed the regs so i could use my 2e0 in canada and the us. or am i going to have to sit my exams again for a canadian liecence. hope this makes sence to someone 73. 2e0wes
Pardon my ignorance but what privilages does a 2e0 give you ? I don't have me latest Canadian Regs book here I'll see what I can find out for you. 73
Simon
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

all hf, vhf and uhf, sats, and up to 50w of power
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 6:53 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

all hf, vhf and uhf, sats, and up to 50w of power
OK. Only 50 watts. The legal limit for Advanced Class, which ticket I hold, in North America is 1,000 watts. I'll check for you when I get back. I run an Icom 706 Mk II G down here and mobile with a Screwdriver antenna. In N.S. it's Kenwood 950 DX into an Alpha 87 and and an Explorer 14. Where abouts in Canada are you intending to settle. I'll have a look to see if I can find you some contacts. 73
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

im going working in regina sk. but will be mobile as i am a driver. i only use 2 meters in the uk, so i can use irlp gateways, and im also on cq100.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 2:37 am
Bon Vivant

im going working in regina sk. but will be mobile as i am a driver. i only use 2 meters in the uk, so i can use irlp gateways, and im also on cq100.
You can find all you need to know at Radio Amateurs of Canada. The website is www.rac.ca You can find radio clubs in the Regina area, regulations etc. 73
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

thanks for the link