Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Had an offer on the house!!!!

Had an offer on the house!!!!

Old Oct 11th 2006, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

mels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Had an offer on the house!!!!

We're having a few problems at the moment as our property is leasehold and there is only 64 years remaining. The freehold will cost £6K plus to buy and we can't afford to lose that amount of money, we have already accepted £5K below asking price. We're just hoping they get their mortgage offer okay.

We've booked the flights now and just hoping this doesn't set us back as I think Dave's employer won't be prepared to wait any longer.

Please send some good luck vibes my way please........

Extremely stressed Mel
Old Oct 11th 2006, 8:31 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mels123
We're having a few problems at the moment as our property is leasehold and there is only 64 years remaining. The freehold will cost £6K plus to buy and we can't afford to lose that amount of money, we have already accepted £5K below asking price. We're just hoping they get their mortgage offer okay.

We've booked the flights now and just hoping this doesn't set us back as I think Dave's employer won't be prepared to wait any longer.

Extremely stressed Mel

Oh dear, but don't worry too much just look at your avatar and watch what your panda does..... he rolls over then stands up again.......
things will work out good for you, fifty million good vibes sent your way, shouldnt take too long to get to Leigh from Hindley, lol!
Take care
Kelly
Old Oct 11th 2006, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold

Extremely stressed Mel
awwwrrr mel, hope it all works out. We still aint received LMO... i think im going round the bend!!! Its all soooo frustrating aint it.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 8:43 pm
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute

Extremely stressed Mel
good luck Mel - we're moving 5 weeks today, given up trying to sell house and renting it out, just waiting to hear about mortgage change over so fingers crossed on that... it's all a pain in the arse but I am sure it will work out right for both of us...

I'm off to go bury my head in the sand about the amount of work to be done between now and then LOL

Ki x
Old Oct 11th 2006, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratz Kelly and Drew I know how desperate you are to get out here!!!
Old Oct 11th 2006, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news!!

Thank *****, eh?!?

I'll be seeing you and Drew in 'Hooters' in downtown Barrie in no time then!
Old Oct 12th 2006, 2:33 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Lee
Fantastic news!!

Thank *****, eh?!?

There's a Hooters in Barrie? Aha, that's why dbd33 is moving north of Highway 9.

(sorry wrong thread)
Old Oct 12th 2006, 6:41 am
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Congratz Kelly and Drew I know how desperate you are to get out here!!!
Hey Vix

Thanks for your best wishes. We can't wait
Just hope the sale goes hitch free and we can be over early January.

How's it going for you?
Old Oct 12th 2006, 6:50 am
Kelly

Originally Posted by Mr Lee
Fantastic news!!

Thank *****, eh?!?

Hey Lee

How's Alliston treating you? You found a job yet?

HOOTERS...........HHMMM Not to sure you'll get the Kelly half in there but maybe I could sneak out one night

We're over for a week in December. We booked the flights because there was nothing happening with the hose and we fancied coming over for a visit.
Anyway if you fancy a let us know and we could meet up.

Take it easy

Drew

PS You see the pathetic excuse for an England team last night?
Old Oct 12th 2006, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

silver birch has a brilliant futuresilver birch has a brilliant futuresilver birch has a brilliant futuresilver birch has a brilliant futuresilver birch has a brilliant futuresilver birch has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ki76

I'm off to go bury my head in the sand about the amount of work to be done between now and then LOL

Ki x
LOL! Me too! You must be leaving about the same time as us (just before - we are planning on about 7 weeks, not that we've booked flights yet ). I just feel completely overwhelmed about everything :scared:

Oh and good luck Kellydrew and others with the house sale(s)! We have still yet to exchange on ours after 2 months - and this is with a no chain situation. Methinks we are being strung along but what can we do? We need this sale, although plan B is to rent it out. We are heading out to NS next week to house hunt and wanted to at least have exchanged before we went but I doubt that will happen

Last edited by silver birch; Oct 12th 2006 at 6:57 am.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

mels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Oh dear, but don't worry too much just look at your avatar and watch what your panda does..... he rolls over then stands up again.......
things will work out good for you, fifty million good vibes sent your way, shouldnt take too long to get to Leigh from Hindley, lol!
Take care
Kelly

Thanks Kelly

Yeah will only take all of 20 minutes to Hindley!! We'll soon be about 40 hours away from each other, you're going to Toronto way aren't you?

Still no news about their mortgage offer yet, I'm hoping we hear tomorrow as it will annoy me all weekend otherwise! Well we've got the first leaving do on Saturday with another 2 next weekend. His family and my family don't gel too well, so we are holding separate get-togethers for them. Pain in arse aren't they families!! I'll miss em though

OMG I am so stressed at the moment, not even booked the container yet :scared:

Mel
Old Oct 12th 2006, 5:43 pm
Kelly

Thanks Kelly

Yeah will only take all of 20 minutes to Hindley!! We'll soon be about 40 hours away from each other, you're going to Toronto way aren't you?

Still no news about their mortgage offer yet, I'm hoping we hear tomorrow as it will annoy me all weekend otherwise! Well we've got the first leaving do on Saturday with another 2 next weekend. His family and my family don't gel too well, so we are holding separate get-togethers for them. Pain in arse aren't they families!! I'll miss em though

OMG I am so stressed at the moment, not even booked the container yet :scared:

Mel
Mels

Jesus your family situation sound like a bit of a mare :scared:

Thankfully we don't have that problem although I have to say I'm not looking forward too much to our "do"..........Way too many tears and heartache. Oh well just have to get bladdered eh?

Where you having your "do's" at? Not too many salubrious establishments in Leigh are there?

Anyways all the best to you

Drew
Old Jan 17th 2007, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

dave lowe is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Had an offer on the house!!!!

Originally Posted by sans
WELL DONE Kelly best of luck . We just had are first viewers round 20 mins ago. Fingers and Toes crossed. Their you go
Hi we are from hindley wigan and we now live in grimsby ontario we move out of the uk in june 2005 best thing we have ever done so good luck with the move julie david
Old Jan 17th 2007, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

dave lowe is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there we are from hindley wigan now living in grimsby ontario best move we ever made ,we move here june 2005 and love it so here's wishing you the best of luck julie
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:12 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

hi kellydrew
we are coming over to get landed in march and to look around at some houses. was just wondering who you used for your mortgage. as we are still trying to sort that part out. had big let down from scotia bank said yes no prob but than when asked oh no we cant do that.
if you wouldnt mind giving some info would be grateful.
looking at moving to wasaga beach or collingwood
thanks steve