Groupage

Old Mar 2nd 2021, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

katehul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Groupage

Hello, can anyone give me some up to date info on Groupage please. My goods were collected Nov 25th and I was told 6-8 weeks. They loaded at Felixstowe 11th Feb. from there they went up to Bremenheven in North Germany, Rotterdam and are now in the Suez Canal due to be in Salalah on Friday. Do the containers not normally cross the Atlantic to get to Montreal? Last week i was told they would be in Montreal 10th March but is it physically possible to get from the Suez Canal to Montreal in 5 days? Thanks.
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

DMajor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Groupage

Originally Posted by katehul
Hello, can anyone give me some up to date info on Groupage please. My goods were collected Nov 25th and I was told 6-8 weeks. They loaded at Felixstowe 11th Feb. from there they went up to Bremenheven in North Germany, Rotterdam and are now in the Suez Canal due to be in Salalah on Friday. Do the containers not normally cross the Atlantic to get to Montreal? Last week i was told they would be in Montreal 10th March but is it physically possible to get from the Suez Canal to Montreal in 5 days? Thanks.

From my Geography 'O' level days way back in 1977, I'd say your goods are heading in the wrong direction..
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Groupage is where your goods get consolidated with other freight to make up a full container isn't it. It's much cheaper?

So, your consignment might have been put in a container, and has been picking up other stuff along the way until it makes its way to Montreal.

If you were told 6 to 8 weeks from 25 November, then, you are well outside the estimated delivery time.....and, personally, I cannot see how they could make from Salalah to Montreal in 5 days.
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DMajor
From my Geography 'O' level days way back in 1977, I'd say your goods are heading in the wrong direction..
Could be going the Scenic route? OP I suggest you contact the shipper/company who shipped your goods.
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

We once had a shipment from the UK arrive here on the west coast via Burma.

It only took about 5 months
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 4:11 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

It may not be able to get down the St. Lawrence until the ice clears.. https://www.greatlakesports.org/issu...gation-season/

Do you have details on the vessel / container your belongings are in? You could try tracking it https://www.marinevesseltraffic.com/...-tracking.html

According to this - at 30 knots it will take 11 days.. Sea route & distance - ports.com It does seem a very strange route though!

Old Mar 3rd 2021, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

katehul is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems a very strange route! I am tracking but it only tells you the next port not the whole route. Wondered if anyone had seen the same.
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

DMajor is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems a very strange route! I am tracking but it only tells you the next port not the whole route. Wondered if anyone had seen the same.
There's a Burlington near Melbourne, Australia..
Maybe it's going there!
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 4:56 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
It may not be able to get down the St. Lawrence until the ice clears.. https://www.greatlakesports.org/issu...gation-season/

Do you have details on the vessel / container your belongings are in? You could try tracking it https://www.marinevesseltraffic.com/...-tracking.html

According to this - at 30 knots it will take 11 days.. Sea route & distance - ports.com It does seem a very strange route though!
Container ships service speed nearer 18 knots than 30!

I suggest the Op contact their shipper. It does seem that their consignment is heading in the wrong direction....
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 5:00 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I'd suggest you contact the shipping agents / freight forwarder and voice your concerns / ask questions (on the premise that your shipment appears to be going in the wrong direction). Mistakes do happen. Do you have the container number, or just the shipping line/cargo vessel reference?