Reload this Page >

got my job offer yeh!!!!!!

got my job offer yeh!!!!!!

Old May 19th 2009, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

thevicksta is on a distinguished road
Default got my job offer yeh!!!!!!

hi everybody

well were do i start my boyfriend moved to canada 6 months ago and is settling in very well, so at xmas i went over to canada he's based in edmonton and i loved it and being with him again was fab after e-mailing for 3 months. i decided to go back in feb and look for job on the last day i found a job but couldn't have trade test til april, so went back in april and done trade test few days later heard back that i'd got the job. couldn't beleive it, it was like a dream come true, we were so pleased.

so here goes i photocopied my passport, trade certificates, filled in a form of all my details to go off to the canada trust board, then my certs aren't reconised in alberta so have to get my employer to fill out how many hours job experience i have and send it off to my canada employers,

so i need to know what happens next they're a bit fuzzy on the details as my canada eemployers haven't done it before. and how long have i got to wait and will it be straight forward like my boyfriends.

i'm so put off by that i can't get the right advice off anybody who is suppose to know.

i don't think people understand my boyfriend's and i's live hangs in the balance of all this.

sorry to go on i'm abit confused

but wen do can i start to get excited about being with my fab boyfriend and our new life

thanks for listening
Old May 19th 2009, 3:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: got my job offer yeh!!!!!!

Originally Posted by thevicksta
hi everybody

well were do i start my boyfriend moved to canada 6 months ago and is settling in very well, so at xmas i went over to canada he's based in edmonton and i loved it and being with him again was fab after e-mailing for 3 months. i decided to go back in feb and look for job on the last day i found a job but couldn't have trade test til april, so went back in april and done trade test few days later heard back that i'd got the job. couldn't beleive it, it was like a dream come true, we were so pleased.

so here goes i photocopied my passport, trade certificates, filled in a form of all my details to go off to the canada trust board, then my certs aren't reconised in alberta so have to get my employer to fill out how many hours job experience i have and send it off to my canada employers,

so i need to know what happens next they're a bit fuzzy on the details as my canada eemployers haven't done it before. and how long have i got to wait and will it be straight forward like my boyfriends.

i'm so put off by that i can't get the right advice off anybody who is suppose to know.

i don't think people understand my boyfriend's and i's live hangs in the balance of all this.

sorry to go on i'm abit confused

but wen do can i start to get excited about being with my fab boyfriend and our new life

thanks for listening
I would assume that the next step will be for your employers to apply for the LMO, and to provide proof that they've advertised the job across Canada and been unable to find a Canadian to do it.

But I don't know what your job is? So am not sure if there's anything else you need to go through, such as getting your Red Seal?

If you tell us a bit more about your occupation, then hopefully somebody will be able to help you.

And huge congrats on the job offer!!

Old May 19th 2009, 5:29 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

No idea - but congrats x x x x
Old May 19th 2009, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I would assume that the next step will be for your employers to apply for the LMO, and to provide proof that they've advertised the job across Canada and been unable to find a Canadian to do it.

But I don't know what your job is? So am not sure if there's anything else you need to go through, such as getting your Red Seal?

If you tell us a bit more about your occupation, then hopefully somebody will be able to help you.

And huge congrats on the job offer!!

Hi
Congrats..

On the subject where does an AEO fit in, as I understand the employer does not have to prove if a canadian is available.

Also whilst on the subject
does this common use on the board of canadian ( in relation to recruitment) include a PR ?

cheers
Jerry ( who should be reno'ing )
Old May 19th 2009, 6:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
On the subject where does an AEO fit in, as I understand the employer does not have to prove if a canadian is available.
AEO is for PR applications, LMO is for a Temp Work Permit. You are correct, AEO does not need proof that the job has been advertised etc.

Not sure about the second bit of your question, I would think it would include PR's but don't know.

Old May 19th 2009, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

hi thanks for reply to my message, i thought it was the LMO. I'm a hair stylist so will i have to do a red seal and what is a red seal.

Old May 20th 2009, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thevicksta
hi thanks for reply to my message, i thought it was the LMO. I'm a hair stylist so will i have to do a red seal and what is a red seal.

Hi
red seal is a 'trade certificate'.
link to a page it is about alberta but red seal is a canadian wide.
good luck
Jerry

http://www.tradesecrets.gov.ab.ca/in...21_profile.asp
Old May 21st 2009, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

hi jerry thanks so much for that very useful