Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

"IT" got to me today.

"IT" got to me today.

Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:21 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "IT" got to me today.

Originally Posted by live to ski
very cute.

We don't really celebrate Valentine's Day in the Hallmark, out for an expensive dinner and roses way, but a couple of years ago for Valentine's Day I bought Mr L2S a "thank you" card and list all the things that I could think that I was thankful to him for.

It has been kept at the back of his underwear drawer but I don't think he knows I know!
That's sweet, I was looking at cards for him as well but it was making things worse.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:59 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Pull yourself together woman!! Stiff upper lip and all that.

My mum was over for christmas and I could only find cards with icky verses in them, so I chose the least icky and most appropriate card. Mum was moved to tears by it . So I better send her soppy cards from now on.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:04 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Pull yourself together woman!! Stiff upper lip and all that.

My mum was over for christmas and I could only find cards with icky verses in them, so I chose the least icky and most appropriate card. Mum was moved to tears by it . So I better send her soppy cards from now on.

I'm back to my usual self now Fledermaus.

My other half is going to say just the same as you did.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 5:04 am
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I really miss my Mum also. She was 85 on December 23rd and still really with it. Thank goodness for cheap phone calls as I ring her three or four times a week just to make sure she was ok. Got home from New Years Eve party at three in the morning and thought ahh ten in the UK so rang my Mum to wish her a happy new year and she was in bed very ill with a stomach bug, I felt awful and was really worried, but thankfully she has nearly recovered now.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 1:35 pm
Vancouver...one day

Rasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by woodmanbg
Yeah I really miss my Mum also. She was 85 on December 23rd and still really with it. Thank goodness for cheap phone calls as I ring her three or four times a week just to make sure she was ok. Got home from New Years Eve party at three in the morning and thought ahh ten in the UK so rang my Mum to wish her a happy new year and she was in bed very ill with a stomach bug, I felt awful and was really worried, but thankfully she has nearly recovered now.
I hope your mum recovers well!

When I was about ten I couldn't afford a present for my Mum and Dads anniversiry, so I worte them each of them a poem/monologue telling them both to be thankfull for each other. Mum loved it and Dad never mentioned it-which means he loved it too. I don't think I have ever given either of them a better anniversary presant.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 2:09 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rasputin
I hope your mum recovers well!

When I was about ten I couldn't afford a present for my Mum and Dads anniversiry, so I worte them each of them a poem/monologue telling them both to be thankfull for each other. Mum loved it and Dad never mentioned it-which means he loved it too. I don't think I have ever given either of them a better anniversary presant.
What a beautiful gift
Old Jan 8th 2009, 2:20 pm

What nice stories

Come on BE folk join in this could be quite a sweet thread
Old Jan 8th 2009, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

DearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really nice

I too broke down in tears in the Warehouse supermarket in New Zealand when buying my mum a birthday card!! They should have some 'Happy to Help' people with boxes of tissues standing by in those departments!!

xxx
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
She says next December, for Christmas and her Birthday.

She hasn't really got that much money, when I get a job I'm going to save up and buy her the return flights She'll so love it here, she's a snow lover as well.
Thats so nice Cassie, funny how things make you suddenly think about someone you love or miss, she will love it

Whens your mums birthday ?
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Thats so nice Cassie, funny how things make you suddenly think about someone you love or miss, she will love it

Whens your mums birthday ?
It's not a birthday card. Spur of the moment type thing.

That reminds me I still haven't posted it.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
It's not a birthday card. Spur of the moment type thing.

That reminds me I still haven't posted it.
I meant your mums birthday is in Dec when she is coming for a visit just wondered when as my mums is ?

I think the card is lovely as an im thinking of you awwwww xx