Reload this Page >

Goods to follow

Goods to follow

Old Jun 7th 2012, 9:32 am
Just Joined

Hanan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Goods to follow

Hi
We are PR card holders family of four members. We did our first landing last November 2011, but we didn't know any thing that time about declaring the goods that we would bring with us next time. Next month we will settle down in Vancouver, but we want to ship our used home stuff by sea. My question: is there a way to declare a list of our home stuff we need to ship or we missed and we do't have a chance? Please help.
Regards
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goods to follow

Maybe somebody should have pointed out to you before you initially made your landing to read this link re importing goods and goods to follow or maybe you should have done the research yourself

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...d2-2-1-eng.pdf
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:34 am
Just Joined

Thank you dear
Actually, no one advised us, may be I was so confused in the airport but I remember that the employer asked me whether we are bringing home stuff with us or not and I answered her negatively , I understood her question as if we were bringing home stuff with us now not to be shipped later . Now I'm searching by myself for an exit. I read the regulations and I've got depressed because the rules enforce the new comers to fill the B4 form or "as I understood" the shipment would be rejected or have to be taxed.
Is there any legal way to re declare or any legal solution.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Not really though an understanding CBSA officer might overlook that fact dependent on the amount of goods arriving and values and the condition of the goods.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:48 am
Just Joined

How much is the tax please?
Old Jun 7th 2012, 11:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Hanan
How much is the tax please?
Too complicated to answer but the HST rate is 12% in BC and are goods subject to any duties that can range from 0 to 18%. Taxes if applicable are added on the Canadian value of the goods.
It will be the decision of the CBSA if they elect to charge any taxes.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 11:03 am
Just Joined

I appreciate your help
Thank you