Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Good Hairdresser Wanted

Good Hairdresser Wanted

Old Dec 18th 2008, 2:47 am
Just Joined

allyincanada will become famous soon enoughallyincanada will become famous soon enough
Default Good Hairdresser Wanted

Hi,

Been living in the GTA for 7 years and am desperately seeking a good hairdresser.
I used to go to Toni & Guy in England and loved them, so went to Toni & Guy in Toronto - thought they were terrific, but now I've moved out of the city, I'm finding it difficult to find a decent hairdresser.
I take in pictures of the way I want my hair, and tell the stylist what I'd like. But despite paying around $80 for a haircut, I seem to come out of there looking like a goat chewed my hair.

If anyone can recommend a good hairdresser in the Mississauga/Oakville/Burlington areas I'd be so grateful. Otherwise, I think I'll be making the drive to Toni & Guy in Toronto.

Thanks for any recommendations!
Old Dec 18th 2008, 3:09 am
Account Closed

bun53 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good Hairdresser Wanted

Originally Posted by allyincanada
Hi,

Been living in the GTA for 7 years and am desperately seeking a good hairdresser.
I used to go to Toni & Guy in England and loved them, so went to Toni & Guy in Toronto - thought they were terrific, but now I've moved out of the city, I'm finding it difficult to find a decent hairdresser.
I take in pictures of the way I want my hair, and tell the stylist what I'd like. But despite paying around $80 for a haircut, I seem to come out of there looking like a goat chewed my hair.

If anyone can recommend a good hairdresser in the Mississauga/Oakville/Burlington areas I'd be so grateful. Otherwise, I think I'll be making the drive to Toni & Guy in Toronto.

Oh how I miss Toni & Guy - can't offer any suggestions but just wanted to empathise
Old Dec 18th 2008, 2:36 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Try the Bee Hive in Oakville (downtown strip). The place has its own website.

I knew Steph when I lived there. Cool guy (and testosterone-loaded, despite being a hairdresser). As far as I know, he is da man when it comes to hair. Not cheap though.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

But despite paying around $80 for a haircut, I seem to come out of there looking like a goat chewed my hair.

Sorry I can't offer any help, but that made me laugh
Old Dec 18th 2008, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

But don't you think the "goat chewing my hair" look is how the younger hairdressers have grown up with cutting and because that is so much the fashion these days? There is so much use of razors and chopping bits out to create the current styling of layers. Which is all great for the first hair cut - but try and replicate the same chewing 8 weeks later and it doesn't work

Sorry to the OP - can't help in your area - just do what I did and walk up to people in the street that you think have a half decent haircut ...
Old Dec 19th 2008, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

allyincanada will become famous soon enoughallyincanada will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the tip Souvenir - may just pay the Bee Hive a visit.
And Calgal -- I have to laugh too, otherwise I'd cry!

Thanks for the advice -- am I really the only expat with a dodgy hairdo?
Old Dec 19th 2008, 7:19 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the tip Souvenir - may just pay the Bee Hive a visit.
And Calgal -- I have to laugh too, otherwise I'd cry!

Thanks for the advice -- am I really the only expat with a dodgy hairdo?
No. Trust me. I've been to a couple of meet-ups.

The Bee Hive isn't a walk-in, by the way.