Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Going back to England

Going back to England

Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of
Default Re: Going back to England

Oh Mandi

I am really sad to read your post as it does not seem five minutes since you went and we were talking about meeting up for coffee once I got here - now I have got here and you are off in the opposite direction!

I am so sorry it has not worked out for you and that your family are so unhappy. 16 is a difficult age to move anywhere away from all your mates, let alone to another country. It was hard enough for my 9 year old, so I can fully sympathise that it will have been even harder for him.

I do hope you find that you have made the right decision for your family and that things work out well when you get home.

Good luck and all the best and I am sorry we never got that coffee.

Lisa
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:29 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Many moo and family - well done for trying! So many people say they would move and then never do - you tried it!

I hope your move back to the UK works out well for you. It's a real shame that your son couldn't start school earlier, it would have made things a whole lot easier for you I'm sure.

Just wanted to give you my best wishes and a {{{{{0}}}}} hug, you must be going through all sorts of emotions right now.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:31 am
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandi moo
I tried to get them to have a trip home.Thing is he can go home and start work straight away for his old company and he just wants to get back to normal. It is too early in my books but we,re all packed up and ready to go
Thursday so theres no turning back now.
Thanks Anyway,its nice to see people care
All the best Mandi, hope everything works out for you back in blighty!

Louise x
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:32 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Well Mandi, you know how we all feel.

I really sort of wish we'd seen more of you before things got so bad ... maybe people here could've helped you hang on in there a bit. The timing and school not working stacked the odds against your lad though so it was never going to be easy!

Anyhoo, could've would've should've's don't help, so all we can do is wish you all the very best and hope you all settle down quickly back in Nookie town!

You know where to find us all anyway! Take care m'dear!!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

mandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to behold
Cool Re: Going back to England

Thanks everyone,making me cry now haha. I,ll be fine i think we.ll all manage and it,ll work out in the end.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

zalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone,making me cry now haha. I,ll be fine i think we.ll all manage and it,ll work out in the end.

Oh Mandi, I can see that having your son not go to school must have been hard on you all . Well, good luck to you. Atleast you tried, so many dont even do that. Have you left it open so that if you change your mind in the future, you can come back or is the door closed for good?

Sarah
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Good god Mand nearly fell off the chair when I read that one

So sorry to hear about all of this - isnt there anything that you could do to get through all of this 4 months is not a long time and things could drastically change for your lad when he goes back to school in September.

Would hate to think that you threw everything away - I know easy to say when it isnt your own situation.

Whatever you decide to do make sure that each and every one of you are decided that it is the best option for you - you cant go back to the UK for 1 persons problems it has to be the best for all of the family.

Lots of love and luck

Gaynorx
Old Aug 21st 2007, 2:24 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that you are heading back home so soon.

Why did your son not get into school when he arrived in April? It's too long for your son to be out of school/work - poor lad. They need to get mixing straight away. I am sure that would have definitely helped him settle in.

I know what you mean though about him not being able to get a p/t job on a WP as my 16 year old is in the same position. I have told him that this time next year he'll be flipping burgers or serving up Timmys

I wish you all the very best for the future. Hope you settle really quickly when you get home to Newcastle. Bet your family and friends will be delighted to have you all home
Old Aug 21st 2007, 3:01 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck - I would say stay, but I am not in your shoes. Hope it works our for you back in the NE.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Mandi - very sorry to hear this. You are only 4 weeks ahead of us, and I'm sorry to hear you've had (or family have had) such a challenging time.

I thought you had been a bit quiet on here over recent weeks - shame you had not come on here and let us all talk you to death on this subject !! And only 2 weeks till school starts, I honestly think this might have made such a difference.

My hubby is suffering through a 23 week training programme to learn all about something he knows about - this step backwards lark is a common theme for all new migrants.

I wish you all the very best back in the North East.

Ann
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt last very long did i haha. Well we had a great time here in Calgary,but we have decided to go back home.Not because of anything bad,we,re just homesick.
My 16 year old had a hard time settling and broke down crying,he begged me to let him go home to his mates and a job that he has lined up.
Then my husband joined in aswell
He failed his red seal exam and was sick of being like an apprentice out here when hes got 25 years experience. He used to earn more at home plus got a lot of cash jobs at weekends.
We also find evrything really expensive....kids soccer was $500 each for the summer and then the school fees and then winter soccer fees :curse:
Was driving OH crazy.
Im not over the moon to be going home after all the up heavel and expense but i want to keep my family together so what can you do
Ive made some amazing friends here, especially off the forum and im gonna miss them alot.
I will still come on the forum now and then to offer any advice i can and to let you all know how we get on in Newcastle.
Thanks for all the help and advice this last year and lots of luck to all of you

Mandi Moo xx
So sorry to hear this and really sad it didn't work out for you! Hope UK does

Gryph
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:38 am
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

In a few years your 16 year old will either have left home or have a whole new circle of friends, and don't be surprised if he refuses to accept any responsibility for your return to the UK.

Good luck, ironic mandi, as you post you are returning, friends are bringing their aging Mum from Newcastle, it seems the lady no longer feels safe there, and they are tired of worrying about her.

I would not give up on Canada entirely, who knows what lies down the highway of life, you can always reapply, if circumstances so dictate??

Others would know if there is a way to keep the back door open, is it possible to return to the UK but still keep the Canada option open??
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:41 am
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

good luck mandi hope all works out well for you and your family back here in the UK good luck to your son and his new job
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

mandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to behold
Cool Re: Going back to England

Originally Posted by kate white
good luck mandi hope all works out well for you and your family back here in the UK good luck to your son and his new job
Thanks everyone.I totaly understand your concerns,most of them are mine aswell. Its too soon and id settled really well into my new job and new circle of friends.
It was mainly my husband who didnt settle and he got a better job offer back home than he has here. I think my 16 year old had taken as much as he can,people promised to ring him for nights out and hed get ready then they wouldnt turn up,it was always all or nothing with them so most the time he sat in the house on msn.
School wouldnt take him as they were doing exams and thought it pointless even though i objected.:curse:
I was missing my sister badly but was coping with it in my own way.We all sat down and discussed this and i lost.
Its not all doom and gloom.We both have good jobs to go back to and we have found a nice rental in the NICER part of Newcastle,took some finding .
I will keep you all up to date with what happens next...and who knows whats around the corner once the kids are grown up? We always knew we were taken a huge risk bringing the kids at that age
Take Care everyone,speak to you soon
Mandi xxx
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 3:11 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

kids soccer was $500 each for the summer
Holy crap, thats insane. We pay $80 in our village, and whats that about school fees? I think Ill stay in small town ontario rather than deal with that.

How long have you been here anyway? I would not make any hasty decisions for at least a year...just look at the mess Julius Smith is in now.

Last edited by iaink; Aug 22nd 2007 at 3:14 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.