Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Getting a police check in the UK when living in Canada...and fast

Getting a police check in the UK when living in Canada...and fast

Old Mar 8th 2012, 6:14 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting a police check in the UK when living in Canada...and fast

Ok, I tried to search this and found lots of stuff but nothing immediately relevant. So I am asking you because you are all far brighter than I am in matters such as this.

I am just about to reinstate my RN license in NS and because this lapsed for over 2 years, they are asking for a criminal record check for both the UK and NZ where I previous lived.

Just to gripe a little, they asked this when the Canadian one was completed and looking online it appears to me that to get both checks done will take 10-20 business days plus airmail time to get here......and as the mail here is utterly ludicrous, I will likely not be working for at least another month or more.

So I want to know how I apply for a UK criminal record check and if anyone knows of a faster route?

I am aware that CSI here will allegedly do it in 10 business days from the UK, but will ask $180 for the privilege. I am waiting to hear about their time for the NZ one, but that one will be $210. I am getting tired of Canada's little ways of bleeding foreigners dry

So help! I am likely being offered a job next week and I need to be working!

Thanks