Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Getting hold of a Long Form Birth Cert SUPER FAST.....

Getting hold of a Long Form Birth Cert SUPER FAST.....

Old Apr 30th 2009, 8:56 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting hold of a Long Form Birth Cert SUPER FAST.....

Has anyone used one of the companies that say they can get a UK Birth Cert out to you in Canada within 3 days? If so, who did you use, and did they do what they say on the tin?

THANKS
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:04 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting hold of a Long Form Birth Cert SUPER FAST.....

We got one whilst in the UK overnight - so if they say in 3 days to Canada I should think they really mean it.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:07 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
We got one whilst in the UK overnight - so if they say in 3 days to Canada I should think they really mean it.
Do they give them out as soon as you go into the office?? We are trying to get one of our Mums to go in tomorrow to get it - we need it tomorrow or we are in trouble!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:14 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Do they give them out as soon as you go into the office?? We are trying to get one of our Mums to go in tomorrow to get it - we need it tomorrow or we are in trouble!
which Local Authority in the UK would it be?
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

guccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant future

We lost ours and needed to get copies for our CI NSNP app. A couple of weeks back, we went to the local authority registration office where our births were registered, which is only a few miles down the road, gave them a cheque for £14 - Within minutes we received a certified copy of our long birth certificates (mine and OP's)

No ID required, just name of parents, our DOB's and full name - really was that easy

Good luck
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:16 pm
getting ready to apply!

snowdemon is an unknown quantity at this point

We obtained one the same day - £7. Although we were told that you can only do that if the birth was first registered at that office originally.

We needed another which was registered a long way away and had to do it online - £24.95 (rip off but thats what they all charge) http://www.bmd-certificates.co.uk - arrived in about 3 days - looked like a photocopy on official watermarked paper.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by snowdemon
We obtained one the same day - £7. Although we were told that you can only do that if the birth was first registered at that office originally.

We needed another which was registered a long way away and had to do it online - £24.95 (rip off but thats what they all charge) http://www.bmd-certificates.co.uk - arrived in about 3 days - looked like a photocopy on official watermarked paper.
fab news - My OH's Mum is going along to the registry where it was registered, so hopefully she will walk away with it tomorrow and can scan it in and send it over to me...fingers crossed!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

guccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant future

Just watch the opening hours - our local office was open for........1.5 hrs per day
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:25 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck,

Fingers x you are going to have a good weekend this week
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

rufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nice

Good Luck Amy.

Let us know how you get on!

Helen

fab news - My OH's Mum is going along to the registry where it was registered, so hopefully she will walk away with it tomorrow and can scan it in and send it over to me...fingers crossed!
Old May 1st 2009, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone used one of the companies that say they can get a UK Birth Cert out to you in Canada within 3 days? If so, who did you use, and did they do what they say on the tin?

THANKS
I always use the GRO direct. I have ordered loads for research. They are very reliable, regular postage (worldwide) is included in the fee of £7.00 per certificate (a full one) and takes seven days usually. They offer overseas of 2-3 days also, but I don't know what the charge is as I haven't used that option.

You can check it out here: http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

(You do need the GRO reference to order, but if you need help with that, I'd be happy to look it up for you as I have access to all the indexes of BMD'S in England and Wales)