Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

FROZEN Pensions - Action Needed

FROZEN Pensions - Action Needed

Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: FROZEN Pensions - Action Needed

Originally Posted by dbd33
No. Your complaint seems to be that it's unfair to pay increases to some people and not to others. The sentiment of the UK taxpayer is doubtless that, since the pensioners have pissed off to pastures greener, paying them anything is inappropriate. Paying everyone the rate at the time they left seems a fair compromise and has the added benefit of leaving money in the country for the benefit of the population there; immigrant or not.
Well whether I was moving or not I would STILL give my money to genuine UK pensioners who had earned it before anyone else. They have paid their money they're entitled to it.....but maybe I'm just a big softie.

My argument therefore is to put you straight -

Everyone regardless of where they are should be entitled to linked pensions
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:37 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
I wouldn't P**S on Bush or B liar they have a lot to answer for and should be held to account for what mess they have created.

Refugees from almost anywhere in the world.....mmmm let me see where are you suggesting then.

Dharfor....err no coz they don't give a toss about them.

And as I said why do refugees have to cross endless miles to make for the UK then.

We went to Sierra Leon....oh yes silly billy....they have masses of oil there don't they.
For your consideration, this is a list of the countries hosting the most refugees:

Pakistan* 1,085,000
Iran 716,000
Germany 700,000
Tanzania 549,000
USA* 380,000

http://www.unhcr.org/cgi-bin/texis/vtx/country?iso=usa

This is a list of the source countries of refugees (it's by applications to the US but illustrates the range of countries)

Somalia
Ethiopia
Liberia
Cuba
Bosnia
Unkraine
Sierra Leone
Sudan
Iran
Vietnam

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/im...s-applications

So, yes, 'most anywhere in the world.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:38 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Well thats very good of you aint it to be one of those model parents where everything is rosey in your world and nice and fluffy lah dee daa dee daa.....have you ever set foot in some of the inner cities in the UK where some parents are struggling to eat never mind pay their kids through Uni......
I come from there.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:41 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Everyone regardless of where they are should be entitled to linked pensions
That seems rather greedy. If people have deserted their homeland they can hardly expect the government there to stress about them, pensions, access to the NHS, council houses, dole; these things should really end when you leave. A non-indexed payment is a workable compromise.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

If people have deserted their homeland they can hardly expect the government there to stress about them, pensions, access to the NHS, council houses, dole; these things should really end when you leave.
I can't see how anyone could argue with this statement, not logically anyway...
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

For your consideration, this is a list of the countries hosting the most refugees:

Pakistan* 1,085,000
Iran 716,000
Germany 700,000
Tanzania 549,000
USA* 380,000

http://www.unhcr.org/cgi-bin/texis/vtx/country?iso=usa

This is a list of the source countries of refugees (it's by applications to the US but illustrates the range of countries)

Somalia
Ethiopia
Liberia
Cuba
Bosnia
Unkraine
Sierra Leone
Sudan
Iran
Vietnam

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/im...s-applications

So, yes, 'most anywhere in the world.
This is my last on this subject as this thread was about pensions not refugees.

The above countries are obviously a lot larger than the UK.

As for the other list most of those countries have no conflict going on so how the hell can they be refugees...Cuba? Iran? Vietnam? Kuoni are sell top class F*****G 5* holidays there we nearly booked one for our honeymoon, F*****G Bosnia again.

Anyway we will just have to agree to disagree on this subject and my original post regarding pensions.

Therefore lets get back to pensions from here on Thanks
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by steve666
I can't see how anyone could argue with this statement, not logically anyway...
Well over 400.000 can.

If you have paid into a savings plan for ex amount of years then it should pay out regardless where you are.

Anyway how many of you have really deserted YOUR HOMELAND and handed back your UK passports.

If you want nothing to do with the UK and have deserted it then give them up......why on earth would you ever need it again........plenty of refugees would want them.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Well over 400.000 can.

If you have paid into a savings plan for ex amount of years then it should pay out regardless where you are.

Anyway how many of you have really deserted YOUR HOMELAND and handed back your UK passports.

If you want nothing to do with the UK and have deserted it then give them up......why on earth would you ever need it again........plenty of refugees would want them.
As I said, logically you can't argue with dbd's statement.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 2:10 pm
Assimilated Pauper

As for the other list most of those countries have no conflict going on so how the hell can they be refugees...Cuba? Iran? Vietnam? Kuoni are sell top class F*****G 5* holidays there we nearly booked one for our honeymoon, F*****G Bosnia again.
I believe the Sex Pistols had a lyric about having a holiday in other people's misery. The fact that, relatively, rich people can be pampered in one part of a country doesn't preclude there being natives suffering and having cause to flee, in another part. I expect one could have a nice holiday in Burma.

Anyway, pensions it is.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well over 400.000 can.
The payout should only cover the time you worked and lived in the UK, once you leave the UK, for whatever reason, you forfeit that right.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 2:13 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Well over 400.000 can.

It's not a savings plan. It's a government benefit paid for by the current taxpayers.

I have deserted my homeland in that I no longer pay taxes there. Since I don't pay the taxes, it would be improper of me to try to claim the benefits.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

I believe the Sex Pistols had a lyric about having a holiday in other people's misery.
You may have been thinking of The Dead Kennedy's, "Holiday in Cambodia".
Old Jun 21st 2007, 2:18 pm
Assimilated Pauper

You may have been thinking of The Dead Kennedy's, "Holiday in Cambodia".

No, I considered citing that but thought the OP might not care for an American reference. This is the one:

"Holidays In The Sun"

A Cheap holiday in other peoples misery!

I don't wanna holiday in the sun
I wanna go to new Belsen
I wanna see some history
'Cause now I got a reasonable economy

Now I got a reason, now I got a reason
Now I got a reason and I'm still waiting
Now I got a reason
Now I got reason to be waiting
The Berlin Wall......

http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/sexpis...sinthesun.html
Old Jun 21st 2007, 2:20 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

150 + British Soldiers have died in Iraq as have 1000's of American's and yes even Canadians to make their countries safe for them
Safe? SAFE? You're having a giraffe.

Oh and this bit by dbd33:

It's not a savings plan. It's a government benefit paid for by the current taxpayers.
Bang on.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

The payout should only cover the time you worked and lived in the UK, once you leave the UK, for whatever reason, you forfeit that right.
Well yes absolutly.....why though...because thats the way it is....because thats the way they have told us it will be....but the point is...

It CAN be changed if enough people want it to things can be done...it doesn't have to stay the way it is just coz the government have it that way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.