Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Form IMM 0008 and/or Form IMM 5406?

Form IMM 0008 and/or Form IMM 5406?

Old Sep 26th 2002, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

HD754 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Form IMM 0008 and/or Form IMM 5406?

I am the principal applicant and have a child (less than a year old) who is already a Canadian citizen by birth.
Do i include the child's name in the main IMM 0008 form as a dependent child in the Family members question on Page 1, just in IMM 5406 (Additional Family), or in both forms?
If in the main IMM 0008 form, under "Will accompany" on page 2, what do i tick since the child is already here in Canada with me? Will i have to include the child's photograph as well?

What makes this confusing is the note on the CIC website about filling the IMM 5406 form that says
"Note: It is important that you list any children that you, your spouse, common-law partner or your dependent children might have, who are not included on your Immigrant Application Form (IMM 0008.) Include children even if they are Canadian citizens or permanent residents already."

Finally, I know that i do not have to include any processing fees (the $150) for the child in my application but concerning the "proof of funds" i have to include that's determined by family size , do i have to submit proof of funds to cover a family of two people ( i.e $11,482 for myself and my spouse, and not including the child) or for 3 people (i.e. $14,280)?.