Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

football or ice hockey???

football or ice hockey???

Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:32 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: football or ice hockey???

Originally Posted by 6mathers
OH dear (sorry) OH says is that champions league or european cup? (ie last 20 years) - ps. this means nothing to me.
Tell him lets go for "total number of trophies" if he wants to be a pedant

(I should be safe for a couple more years...)
Old Oct 15th 2008, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iaink
Tell him lets go for "total number of trophies" if he wants to be a pedant

(I should be safe for a couple more years...)
OH says innocently - modern times only!!!
Old Oct 15th 2008, 11:43 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

desperate MAN U Fan needs to know. Can you see premier league in B.C.
Neither; both gay, retarded and overpaid.

Choose a real man's sport.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 11:46 pm
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Me too but not that NHL crap they show on TV.
I have the best of all worlds - Junior A, Junior B and minors (Bantam) for grandsons, plus NHL. Hockey pretty much rules my life, and I love it!
Old Oct 16th 2008, 10:19 am
Lets all go to Calgary

Kev and Katrina is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there a contest? I have been to numerous football matched in my time and found them all dull. Hockey however is a different kettle of fish. Watch the Calgary Flames years ago when we were on our honeymooon. Great atmosphere and so much better than football. There is no contest in my opinion. Cant wait to get back to Calgary to go and watch again!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 16th 2008, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ramsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really nice

If you get a good internet connection then myp2p.eu is a good place to look.

lots of people streaming all european football matches, plus lots of other sports.

Quality is only average (but then again so is Setanta!).....

It is free, but requires a little setup.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 3:43 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Me too but not that NHL crap they show on TV.
future....you, me, several tins of beer, date at the saddledom, flames, fab....x
Old Oct 16th 2008, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

You will see more football on TV here than in the UK if you get Setanta sports. Fact.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 8:42 pm
Dismember

scrubbedexpat074 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dannyg1001
You will see more football on TV here than in the UK if you get Setanta sports. Fact.
Not sure that's true anymore, my Dad got Setanta in the UK and I think had the choice of eight matches one day recently...
Old Oct 17th 2008, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

ENGLANDIA will become famous soon enough

Been here a couple of years + can,t stand -baseball,ice hockey, american/canadian football .

I love footy + its one of the things i really miss . There are alot of live matches from 5am bc time on sat + sun on setanta sports + fsc [fox sports channel].
Old Oct 17th 2008, 10:58 am
Dismember

Originally Posted by ENGLANDIA
Been here a couple of years + can,t stand -baseball,ice hockey, american/canadian football .
I'm with you on that and I've tried to watch hockey...
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:06 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

I have played both and gave up football for hockey when I was 13, Hockey is a faster more exciting game to play and watch but for the fans it just doesn't seem to carry the same passion that football creates.

Although dislocated my shoulder last week so looks like watching only for me from now on
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

If you can't / won't, dont want to fork out for Setanta, try Soccerbars.com.

Admittedly you won't find many bars willing to open early enough for most games. Try contacting the Manchester Utd Supporters Club of Canada.

Last edited by DaveLovesDee; Oct 17th 2008 at 12:40 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 4:03 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Two games live every Saturday morning and games in the week sometimes on pacific sportsnetwork i think it was called.

The hockey will grab you though.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 4:35 pm
Dismember

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Two games live every Saturday morning and games in the week sometimes on pacific sportsnetwork i think it was called.
I can only speak for NS and I only have the stardard cable package, but we get one Saturday 3pm kickoff live (at 11am local) and usually the Sunday 4pm kick off (at noon). Before Setanta arrived we got three consecutive games live on Saturday.

We also get two Champions League games a week unless (wait for it) the national Curling Championships are on (usually around the QF stage) and then we get no Euro games.

I have not seen one international, FAC, League or UEFA game on regular cable but as another poster has mentioned www.myp2p.eu serves as an adequate replacement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.