Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

football or ice hockey???

football or ice hockey???

Old Oct 15th 2008, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold
Default football or ice hockey???

desperate MAN U Fan needs to know. Can you see premier league in B.C.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: football or ice hockey???

Originally Posted by 6mathers
Who in their right mind would want to see football when there's hockey to watch.

Last edited by Elaine B.; Oct 15th 2008 at 8:34 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 8:32 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Who in there right mind would want to see football when there's hockey to watch.
99% of the people who log onto this site.....

Setanta carry many games. On non digital channels sportsnet and The Score carry one prem game a week. It will be early in the morning in BC though (Sat and Sun respectively). I think they are contractually obliged to show a couple of games from each team. Usually its the top two or three in the table who get coverage, so Man U games might be in short supply for you

TSN carries champions league games. Its a lottery which teams they show, but one UK team is usually on feed each machday week (does that even make sense?).

Last edited by iaink; Oct 15th 2008 at 8:36 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
They're all crazy in that case.

(Can you tell I never watched any sport until I moved to Canada)
Old Oct 15th 2008, 8:43 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

99% of the people who log onto this site......
That puts me into the 1% that finds both equally as tedious. Now Rugby Union, theres a game......
Old Oct 15th 2008, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Setanta carry many games. On non digital channels sportsnet and The Score carry one prem game a week. It will be early in the morning in BC though (Sat and Sun respectively). I think they are contractually obliged to show a couple of games from each team. Usually its the top two or three in the table who get coverage, so Man U games might be in short supply for you

TSN carries champions league games. Its a lottery which teams they show, but one UK team is usually on feed each machday week (does that even make sense?).

This website shows you what is on. Setanta is $14.99 per month once you get digital cable or satellite.

http://frasm.sasktelwebsite.net/footie.html

Here is what is on Setanta in a typcial week

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlisti...channelCnt=330

and here is the general overall coverage on Setanta (it is the only channel covering rugby in Canada)

http://www.setantaca.com/en/CAN/Our-Sports/
Old Oct 15th 2008, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

why thank you kindly all....

Hey, MAN U always at top so if they show top few that shouldn't be a problem
Old Oct 15th 2008, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

sarahandshaun has a spectacular aura aboutsarahandshaun has a spectacular aura aboutsarahandshaun has a spectacular aura about

Hockey beats the kissballers everytime, however rugby union over hockey. It's close though.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 8:59 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

why thank you kindly all....

Hey, MAN U always at top so if they show top few that shouldn't be a problem
Have you looked at a table recently

Lots of liverpool coverage this year anyway
Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:00 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

HOCKEY.....
Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:01 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gibsonslanding
HOCKEY.....
Me too but not that NHL crap they show on TV.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

There is a thread here somewhere I read about football and where to watch it. I think it was to do with TV and then lead on to where to get live football
Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Have you looked at a table recently

Lots of liverpool coverage this year anyway

OH says are you sure you not looking at table from 25 years ago.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:10 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

OH says are you sure you not looking at table from 25 years ago.
Nah, I was checking my table of "European trophy winners" ...

I'm not saying the current situation will last (although the often dissapointed rampant optimist in me thinks it might), but the schedulers at the canadian stations know bugger all about footy, so they go by the current standings.

Last edited by iaink; Oct 15th 2008 at 9:13 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nah, I was checking my table of "European trophy winners" ...

I'm not saying the current situation will last (although the often dissapointed rampant optimist in me thinks it might), but the schedulers at the canadian stations know bugger all about footy, so they go by the current standings.
OH dear (sorry) OH says is that champions league or european cup? (ie last 20 years) - ps. this means nothing to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.