Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Flying dog out with us, quoted £1800!!!!

Flying dog out with us, quoted £1800!!!!

Old May 1st 2013, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Theoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really nice
Default Re: Flying dog out with us, quoted £1800!!!!

Originally Posted by AberystwythGirl
I booked the dog and cat with Air Transat direct - had to phone the Cargo office in Montreal at the same time as booking our flights online. Otherwise there might not have been space for them (I was told the plane we are going on has space for 5 animals). It was quite simple in the end.
Air Transat don't allow pets in the cabin - not that I would want our dog in the Cabin for 8/9 hours!!! - they are in the hold. I have been told that they need to be checked in at the main check in 3 hours before flying.

I will post up where we ended up picking them up from in Vancouver when I get there and find them!!!!LOL.

OMG the packers arrive in 3 weeks!!!
In that case it may be me telling you where to collect them as we fly on June1. Arrangements at this end are the same as yours, we drop the dog off at oversize baggage 3 hours before we fly but we don't know where we have to go to collect her at the other end!
Old May 1st 2013, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

AberystwythGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Theoldfields
In that case it may be me telling you where to collect them as we fly on June1. Arrangements at this end are the same as yours, we drop the dog off at oversize baggage 3 hours before we fly but we don't know where we have to go to collect her at the other end!
We fly on 26th May.
Old May 1st 2013, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Theoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really nice

Originally Posted by AberystwythGirl
We fly on 26th May.
Good luck.
Old May 2nd 2013, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute

My dad just booked a return ticket for himself,and 4 one way tickets for my missus,and the 3 kids.
The dog was booked in also $275,plus a $60 custom fee when they land on the 29th,I cannot wait to see my girls,my missus,and my wee collie
Old May 17th 2013, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

bonnybennett is an unknown quantity at this point

Pets travelling to Canada need to have UK DEFRA export papers completed by a vet within 72 hours of the flight. It is recommended that they have a microchip and rabies vaccination, though this is not mandatory.

There are flights available to Winnipeg but the availability can very at different times of the year.
Old May 19th 2013, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute

The DEFRA papers are recommended - but not 100% a neccesity. Air Transat are happy with a fit to travel letter from your Vet, in fact in our case they did not even look at it.

If you have time to do the DEFRA certificate then its a bonus as in the end they have the overall governing power ( as the lady in their office told me - but then went one to give the unofficial line).

Its a choice, but as I said check with the individual airline, when I called Transat's office here in Canada - they confirmed that they don't check the Fit to Travel - but I WOULD STILL SAY GET IT !

Our first dog is now happily settled and loves swimming in the dog lake. Our 2nd arrives with my partner on the 10th June !

Safe travels all

R
Old May 19th 2013, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute

By the way flying into Toronto - our Dog was waiting in his cage in baggage reclaim ( nr where we collected our suitcases).
Old May 20th 2013, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

franfluff is an unknown quantity at this point

ive just booked my tickets with KLM for the 30th and they are happy to fly the dog over from UK to Winnipeg (2stops) for a lovely $200 (£135 i think) it is infact very easy but the pet travel company's like to make it sound hard xxx
Old May 20th 2013, 7:04 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franfluff
ive just booked my tickets with KLM for the 30th and they are happy to fly the dog over from UK to Winnipeg (2stops) for a lovely $200 (£135 i think) it is infact very easy but the pet travel company's like to make it sound hard xxx
200 dollars thats a great price bearing in mind its not a direct flight. It's great you have managed to sort it out and good luck with the move