Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Flights to the UK from Canada

Wikiposts

Flights to the UK from Canada

Old Apr 3rd 2012, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Flights to the UK from Canada

Thomas Cook is seasonal last time I used them.
Canadian Affair and Airtransat are the cheapest. But not flexible with fairs. BA are expensive but tickets can be extended by paying $100 (fifty pounds, I don't have a pound sign on my Canadian keyboard!)
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 8:40 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger
Thomas Cook is seasonal last time I used them.
Canadian Affair and Airtransat are the cheapest. But not flexible with fairs. BA are expensive but tickets can be extended by paying $100 (fifty pounds, I don't have a pound sign on my Canadian keyboard!)
Hold the Alt key down and type 156. Just like this £.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Im on a mac...
Old Apr 4th 2012, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger
Im on a mac...
Hold down the options key and the 3 on a MAC (<opt>3)
Old Apr 4th 2012, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

£ yay!!!
Old Apr 4th 2012, 3:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

There again typing in 50 quid is just as easy
Old Apr 5th 2012, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

HSJones is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Hold the Alt key down and type 156. Just like this £.
Weird coincidence! I have been living here for three years and was just told this little trick yesterday by a friend. Who knew! £££ - yey!
Old Apr 5th 2012, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

I recently bought a ticket with BA and they were cheaper than Air Transat but I believe that they only sell a limited number of tickets at the lower prices as when I checked a few days later the tickets for the same flight were substancially more expensive. I could have got the tickets even cheaper if I had bought the tickets when I first saw the price.

The problem travelling with companies like Air Transat is that when things go wrong you are in trouble.

The last time I went to the UK there were people being told that their flight had been cancelled and they were going to have to wait a couple of days before being able to fly back.

So far I have never had any problems but know a few people who have.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 3:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Any airline is subject to late arrivals/departures and cancellations.
In my experience I have found that smaller airlines or the seasonal ones are more prone to these as opposed to BA, AC, Lufthansa, KLM etc etc.
I think if a survey was done you would probably find that Transat, Sunwing, Canadian Affair and Iceland Express would be at the top of the list.

Lots of BE posters use American carriers or use US airports to get back to the UK.
At the end of the day you pay for what you get.