Reload this Page >

Flights booked for 16th!!! - we are off

Flights booked for 16th!!! - we are off

Old May 5th 2009, 4:55 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Flights booked for 16th!!! - we are off

The house has exchanged today, we complete on 15th and fly out on 16th - OMG

I cant believe it is happening.

Thanks to all of you who have helped keep me sane, a special thankyou to Flirtyknickers, who in my darkest hour in February, brought me back from the brink of throwing the towel in.

We will be applying for our work permit when we land, please God it will go OK , that will be when we find out if the Lawyer is worth his money

We have used a Canadian company to ship us out so will keep you all posted on that. The initial contact with the guy they sent round to survey us was excellent, very professional.
Old May 5th 2009, 5:00 pm
Life is great!!

LISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant future
Default Re: Flights booked for 16th!!! - we are off

Thats fantastic news, good luck to you and I hope it all goes smoothly

Have a great life in Canada.

Lisa
Old May 5th 2009, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by LISABOB
Thats fantastic news, good luck to you and I hope it all goes smoothly

Have a great life in Canada.

Lisa
Thanks Lisa. I am sure there will be many up's & downs but I am going to give it my best shot.

I am happy that we bought a house when we were there on our reccie 2 weeks ago, so at least I know I have got a home to go to in about a months time.
Old May 5th 2009, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Tempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really nice

Fab news... only more 11 more sleeps! All the best for getting the work permits!
Old May 5th 2009, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

LynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jacq & Brian

Thanks to all of you who have helped keep me sane, a special thankyou to Flirtyknickers, who in my darkest hour in February, brought me back from the brink of throwing the towel in.

We will be applying for our work permit when we land, please God it will go OK , that will be when we find out if the Lawyer is worth his money

We have used a Canadian company to ship us out so will keep you all posted on that. The initial contact with the guy they sent round to survey us was excellent, very professional.
Hi
My OH Greg flies out on 16th May too - starting work 19th in Waterloo. He's travelling London Heathrow to Pearson, with BA, around lunchtime I think. We got our work permits at Pearson immigration when we landed 5th April for a visit...also armed with a huge bundle of paperwork from his new employer's lawyers. All went very smoothly, only took about 20 minutes and a credit card swipe to issue 4 permits. Best of luck! Lynsey.
Old May 5th 2009, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jacq & Brian

Wishing you all the luck in the world for your new life in Canada Jacqui & Brian!

We are on the countdown too only 5 weeks to go - all getting a bit real!!

Keep in touch and let us know how you get on!

Michelle x
Old May 5th 2009, 11:58 pm
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck for the new chapter in your life, I wish you all the very best
Old May 6th 2009, 1:11 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Best wishes and have a safe flight, troublefree entry and a fabulous new life!

Could feel your excitement from here
Old May 6th 2009, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by LynseySmith
Hi
My OH Greg flies out on 16th May too - starting work 19th in Waterloo. He's travelling London Heathrow to Pearson, with BA, around lunchtime I think. We got our work permits at Pearson immigration when we landed 5th April for a visit...also armed with a huge bundle of paperwork from his new employer's lawyers. All went very smoothly, only took about 20 minutes and a credit card swipe to issue 4 permits. Best of luck! Lynsey.
Thanks for your good wishes.

We are flying from Birmingham. My eldest daughter is having my car, so we will take it up to Worcestershire on Friday, stay the night with her and then off to the airport on Saturday morning. Thats the bit I am dreading, I did say I didnt want them coming to the airport with me, but I got over ruled.
Old May 6th 2009, 5:31 am

Wishing you all the luck in the world for your new life in Canada Jacqui & Brian!

We are on the countdown too only 5 weeks to go - all getting a bit real!!

Keep in touch and let us know how you get on!

Michelle x

Thanks Michelle.

As I will be there first, I will get the coffee in at square one Or you could come out to Burlington and have a long cool drink round the pool. - I have always wanted to say that!!