Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

flights back to UK.

flights back to UK.

Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Halifax harpie will become famous soon enough
Default flights back to UK.

Have just been looking at fares back to UK for August.
Looked at all the low cost flights from Halifax (Airtransat, Zoom, Condor etc)
Cheapest flight I could get with Zoom was C$1030 per person. Out of curiosity I looked on Air Canada website. Travel for the same dates is C$793 (with tax) pp. plus you get double the luggage allowance. Just thought I'd mention it as I'm sure there are others like me who thought the seasonal operators would be cheaper.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: flights back to UK.

Hi, thanks for this info. My son may be flying back for 2 weeks in the Summer so we will look into this.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Halifax harpie
Have just been looking at fares back to UK for August.
Looked at all the low cost flights from Halifax (Airtransat, Zoom, Condor etc)
Cheapest flight I could get with Zoom was C$1030 per person. Out of curiosity I looked on Air Canada website. Travel for the same dates is C$793 (with tax) pp. plus you get double the luggage allowance. Just thought I'd mention it as I'm sure there are others like me who thought the seasonal operators would be cheaper.
Nope, we have travelled twice with Air Canada as they have been cheaper than other airlines. once in may and the 2nd time in jan. When we landed we used AIr Transat. If i had a choice and not alot of money in it i would go with Air Transat any day over air canada.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:39 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Just found Air Transat - Halifax to LGW for $795.15 and that includes travel agent commission of $54. However that is only for 1 week and 1 person - there were no 2 week prices comming up.

A couple of weeks ago a client came in wanting cheap deals to the UK and Air Transat through an agent was cheaper than all the usuals i.e. Zoom/Canadian Affair etc.