Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

First tax refund - no news?

First tax refund - no news?

Old Jun 25th 2014, 5:14 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First tax refund - no news?

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Call them. I waited assuming that the delay was because it was my first return - turns out they lost it.
Well both of the advisors that I spoke to confirmed to me that they started working on my file on 20th May so its definitely not lost.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 5:17 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colchar
How is one "guilty" of giving money to charity?
Strangely you get some portion of your tax back when you donate to registered charities in Canada which obviously means more investigation for the taxman hence the delay.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

colchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edo
Strangely you get some portion of your tax back when you donate to registered charities in Canada which obviously means more investigation for the taxman hence the delay.

I know you get money back, what I was curious about was the use of the term "guilty". The delay is likely due to it being a first return, not the charity contributions, as I make those every year and they do not delay processing in my case. Then again, my donation are for roughly the same amounts every year and always to the same charities.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 7:42 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by colchar
I know you get money back, what I was curious about was the use of the term "guilty". The delay is likely due to it being a first return, not the charity contributions, as I make those every year and they do not delay processing in my case. Then again, my donation are for roughly the same amounts every year and always to the same charities.
I used the term 'guilty' out of frustration you get meh