Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

First snow on the mountain!

First snow on the mountain!

Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:57 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First snow on the mountain!

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
yes!! we were told pretty much the same thing..however...i have figured out that a lot of people who have told me this...are originaly from saskatchewan and places where they get heapssssssssssssss of snow..so to them ..this aint snow...LOL.....and i was told that by a 80 something year old lady the other night...*ha! this aint snow..you want to see snow ..go to Saskatchewan.....hehheee
Pah Sas...Saskatchewan that isn't snow. it's flurries. If you want to see snow come to New Brunswick or Newfoundland ... Now thats what you call snow!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
Pah Sas...Saskatchewan that isn't snow. it's flurries. If you want to see snow come to New Brunswick or Newfoundland ... Now thats what you call snow!

Old Nov 29th 2007, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

We had a few flurries finally, and the kids are over the moon!!

They went on, and on, about not wanting to wear snow pants for school, then they realised that at recess, the other kids in snow pants are sliding down a tiny little hill in the playground, and you can't do it without the snow pants. So now the snow pants have been recognised as the greatest invention ever - it's like sledging without the need for a sledge

The snow shoveling though, man, the neighbours must have enjoyed watching me do that. Our drive has big ridges in it and I would get on a roll moving the snow and then I would smash into one, I am hoping I get better at it

This is the the house we are renting, our street and the back yard before the kids got on the slides!
Attached Thumbnails First snow on the mountain!-house.jpg   First snow on the mountain!-our-street.jpg   First snow on the mountain!-yard.jpg  
Old Nov 29th 2007, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden

They went on, and on, about not wanting to wear snow pants for school, then they realised that at recess, the other kids in snow pants are sliding down a tiny little hill in the playground, and you can't do it without the snow pants. So now the snow pants have been recognised as the greatest invention ever - it's like sledging without the need for a sledge

The snow shoveling though, man, the neighbours must have enjoyed watching me do that. Our drive has big ridges in it and I would get on a roll moving the snow and then I would smash into one, I am hoping I get better at it

This is the the house we are renting, our street and the back yard before the kids got on the slides!
Aww, looks so pretty - love the snow - like a big kid me!

I know, I know I've only been here for 6 weeks and real snow is yet to arrive.

Rob.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Yep big kids here too!! We can't wait to get some real snow fall, it's probably the sign of us being newbies
Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:56 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Yep big kids here too!! We can't wait to get some real snow fall, it's probably the sign of us being newbies
This is our third winter and we still can't wait to go cross country skiing / snow shoeing and I dont mind shovelling the drive either
Old Nov 29th 2007, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
all this isn't snow, come to Montreal
Attached Thumbnails First snow on the mountain!-montreal_-_plateau-_day_of_snow.jpg  
Old Nov 29th 2007, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

We have had two dumps of snow now in the last 3 days so we are all excited too especially as Kelowna isn't exactly known for the stuff. The kids have already been sledging down the close and snowboarding in the garden.

I know what Snorkmaiden means about sliding down in ski pants i tried it myself at the weekend and if you throw yourself down a hill like a penquin it's amazing how far you can go without a sledge.

Anyway here is a picture from the front of the house and one from the back.

Old Nov 29th 2007, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

aww how lovely...i am so happy for your kids!..and my son came home a few days ago..requesting the same thing!...however..he has a g/f now..at 9..LOL..and he wants better looking snow pants..oh they joys of it all....LOL...........( well it is what they call being girlfreind and boyfreind)...LOL

Love your photos too!!!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Printer, you've got a lovely view!!

Maple Leaf, wow, my boys are 11 and 9 and my goodness I can understand what you are going through.

My 11 year old is very focused on how he is looking to the ladies right now In fact we went in to meet with his teacher a few weeks back to check on his progress, because they did Spanish in Texas and he's not done French, and we were concerned about him catching up etc.

However, the teacher was keen to tell us the effect his presence was having on the girls in the class. Apparently there has been a playground scuffle as the girls have been tripping the boys when playing football, in some kind of effort to get his attention.

She said he was easy on the eye, but that she got the impression that he was beginning to realise that - God help me
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Printer, you've got a lovely view!!

Maple Leaf, wow, my boys are 11 and 9 and my goodness I can understand what you are going through.

My 11 year old is very focused on how he is looking to the ladies right now In fact we went in to meet with his teacher a few weeks back to check on his progress, because they did Spanish in Texas and he's not done French, and we were concerned about him catching up etc.

However, the teacher was keen to tell us the effect his presence was having on the girls in the class. Apparently there has been a playground scuffle as the girls have been tripping the boys when playing football, in some kind of effort to get his attention.

She said he was easy on the eye, but that she got the impression that he was beginning to realise that - God help me
hahaa aren't they funny!..just wait till they want the jeans that are wayy too big for them..i made my son.promise me he would never let them dag off his backside..LOL..he wouldn't promise me nuthin...LOL oh lordy..i just can't imagine him in those jeans that hang so low they show his underwear!!!..LOL
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 2:20 am
Happy in NB

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
hahaa aren't they funny!..just wait till they want the jeans that are wayy too big for them..i made my son.promise me he would never let them dag off his backside..LOL..he wouldn't promise me nuthin...LOL oh lordy..i just can't imagine him in those jeans that hang so low they show his underwear!!!..LOL
Ah you have it easy, I have two daughters! Now thats difficult.

Father of daughters pre going out discussion
Where are you going? Who will be there?
I don't want you to have a goodtime, be back by 10:30, and you are not going out looking like that, put some clothes on!

Father of sons pre going out discussion
Where are you going?
What time will you be back?
Here's $20 have a good time...
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
Does it snow much on Vancouver Island ?
This was Saturday, in Black Creek near Mount Washington at my brothers places, (properties next door to each other).

They say that this kind of snow, to this depth and that lasts for this length of time, only comes every 5 - 10 years.
Attached Thumbnails First snow on the mountain!-imgp5322.jpg   First snow on the mountain!-imgp5307.jpg   First snow on the mountain!-imgp5293.jpg  
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Saturday - 5KM Santa Fun Run round Stanley Park which was looking very pretty and festive in the snow

Sunday - amazing day skiing in the fresh snow at Whistler. Left at 3.30pm, got back to Vancouver at 12.30am Monday morning. Yes, that it 9 hours on the Sea 2 Sky
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by live to ski
Saturday - 5KM Santa Fun Run round Stanley Park which was looking very pretty and festive in the snow

Sunday - amazing day skiing in the fresh snow at Whistler. Left at 3.30pm, got back to Vancouver at 12.30am Monday morning. Yes, that it 9 hours on the Sea 2 Sky
Hey!

Not jealous of the Sea2Sky trip, but v jealous of the skiing!

So - it does snow in Vancouver? Or is there just some odd weather going on?

Things here are very windy to say the least - I almost flew home from Croydon yesterday instead of driving on the M25!!! And the rain - blimey!

Here's hoping some festive weather for me in January when I hit Vancouver!!! It used to snow in England around my birhtday, so lets hope I get snow for my next one! LOL!!!

Bx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.