Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

First snow on the mountain!

First snow on the mountain!

Old Nov 20th 2007, 12:03 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First snow on the mountain!

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
Im so damn jealous
and after 2-3 years of shovelling you'll miss those clear damp streets of Norn Iron!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 12:07 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ClareBC
Yes, we spent hours yesterday on Grouse mtn. Such wonderful fun. And today it has been pouring it down here - so hopefully it has just been snow on them ther' hills!!
How much is the ride up to Grouse now?

We used to drive up Cypress and stop just passed the doughnutting bit. The walk up there to Holyburn lodge, or whatever its called, is nice.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 3:32 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by live to ski
Oh no - we got our holiday dates all wrong, I thought Whstler was opening this Thursday (22nd which also happens to be my birthday!).

Mr L2S and I were going to do a sicky and head up there. But whilst on the flight back last night I came down with proper stomache flu. Feel like death, and have only just emerged from out of bed.

Sadly our first trip to Whistler of the season is going to have to wait.
Whistler always posts its official opening date as US Thanksgiving Day (for marketing purposes only) but actually opens as soon as there is enough snow.

Sorry to hear about your colly wobbles. If you look out to the North Shore mountains this morning your feet must be itching to go. And happy birthday for Thursday.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:21 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by live to ski
Oh no - we got our holiday dates all wrong, I thought Whstler was opening this Thursday (22nd which also happens to be my birthday!).

Mr L2S and I were going to do a sicky and head up there. But whilst on the flight back last night I came down with proper stomache flu. Feel like death, and have only just emerged from out of bed.

Sadly our first trip to Whistler of the season is going to have to wait.
You missed one heck of an opening weekend - snow is in great shape up there. If you plan to ski on the 22nd then do so on Blackcomb as that's opening day..
Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:52 am
Fancy a Cuppa?

Rosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Not fair Not fair NOT FAIR
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:49 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twinkles
Not fair Not fair NOT FAIR
ahhh poor Twink.

We have about 25km cross country ski trails right across the road from our house. Last year we tried snow shoeing too. I love the winter
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:50 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
I love the winter
You can have my share.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:01 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
You can have my share.
Thanks such generosity becomes you. (must be that christmas spirit)
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:42 am
Cochrane AB Bound!

us3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really nice

Another reason for leaving the UK.
As I read this it is chucking it down with rain. The sky has been a grey/black colour all week, no sun, its damp and windy.
How I wish I was there to ski and enjoy the start of winter.
Hope you all enjoy yourselves hope to be there soon.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

and we have more..i know it isn't much ~ but to an aussie girl it is exciting..hehee
Attached Thumbnails First snow on the mountain!-001.jpg   First snow on the mountain!-002.jpg   First snow on the mountain!-003.jpg  
Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:15 am
Happy in NB

Originally Posted by us3andthedog
As I read this it is chucking it down with rain. The sky has been a grey/black colour all week, no sun, its damp and windy.
That is one thing I like about the weather in NB (could be the same in the rest of Canada for all I know). You have 2-3 grey rain days then brilliant blue sunny skies for the next week. Seeing the odd grey day becomes a nice relaxation opportunity.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by us3andthedog
As I respond to people who say "but doesn't it just rain all winter in Vancouver?" ..... "only about the same as the UK but with the benefit of there to being a purpose to winter and rain here - skiing"

Thanks us3andthedog, I'm hoping to enjoy it as soon as I am well enough to do so.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Originally Posted by Londonuck
and after 2-3 years of shovelling you'll miss those clear damp streets of Norn Iron!

I refuse to believe this, we get so little of it i could never have enough when i see the stuff! WHITE GOLD! Dont be thinkin your gettin me GOLD!
Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:51 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
That is one thing I like about the weather in NB (could be the same in the rest of Canada for all I know). You have 2-3 grey rain days then brilliant blue sunny skies for the next week. Seeing the odd grey day becomes a nice relaxation opportunity.
If it's grey for more than 24 hours in a row here in Calgary we start to go into sunshine withdrawal.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

9 year old son....was yelling this morning......~ there is ~snow~ on the tree outside my window!~ and there was......we had a good dusting last night~..bring it on we say!!!!

the kids love it!!! he is Canadian and is used to snow~..he loves it..says it is so much fun~..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.