Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Fire Hydrants - Parking Fines - who knew??

Fire Hydrants - Parking Fines - who knew??

Old Oct 18th 2007, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Fire Hydrants - Parking Fines - who knew??

Originally Posted by rwin
I can relate to that. We live next to a path (between my place and the neighbour). Apparently its okay to let your dog go there. In the spring when the snow melts, theres piles everywhere. I'm tempted to collect it and follow the dog home and...

Of course that would take too much effort.
Could you not put up a 'polite' notice
Old Oct 18th 2007, 2:45 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jempee
When i first started work the girl i worked with looked out the window and laughed and said ' look some idiot has parked the wrong way in the street, they will get a ticket.' Yep that idiot was me

Well i knew about the fire hydrant thing but not parking the wrong way in the street! oh well live and learn.

Saw the man with the chalk one day marking wheels and had a bit of a mild panic and asked same work colleague what the hell was he doing. As from where i was standing it just looked like one of those things the army use to check for bombs under your car She did laugh at me.

As with regards to parking i personally wonder what the hell most canadians are thinking!:curse: parking right in front of road crossings, and im talking huge lorries,buses as well! at T junctions cars parked opposite, i could go on and on. It drives me frickin nuts :curse:

The daughter of one of my neighbours has an intensely annoying habit. OK, she parks on the correct side of the road, but she does it slap bang next to a blind right-hand corner.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Souvenir
The daughter of one of my neighbours has an intensely annoying habit. OK, she parks on the correct side of the road, but she does it slap bang next to a blind right-hand corner.
Ooohhh, don't get me started :curse: or my day off will be spent on the expats
Old Oct 18th 2007, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom17
You would think they could have little signs or marks on the road to indicate the edge of the allowed parking. I mean seriously, do they expect everyone to go round with a 100m tape measure to check their distances? If they say "it's just a guideline" then what about people who park 6 inches too close and get a ticket? I don't think I could judge a 6 inch error over the space of 3 metres personally.

Tom...
Most men don't know the difference between 6 & 12 inches anyway
Old Oct 18th 2007, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom17
You would think they could have little signs or marks on the road to indicate the edge of the allowed parking. I mean seriously, do they expect everyone to go round with a 100m tape measure to check their distances? If they say "it's just a guideline" then what about people who park 6 inches too close and get a ticket? I don't think I could judge a 6 inch error over the space of 3 metres personally.

Tom...
they do around here, there are signs saying "no parking from here" and pointing. I find it helpful
Old Oct 18th 2007, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
No No-one has ever come by to wash it.

The fire department come by once a year and test it but no wash job.
See how deprived you are in Alberta??
Old Oct 18th 2007, 5:25 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by daft batty
See how deprived you are in Alberta??
Damn that Ralph Klein and his cutbacks.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by boxerdog03
i always say that
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:31 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by boxerdog03
Originally Posted by jempee
i always say that
Oh don't kid yourselves, we are well aware of the difference.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Oh don't kid yourselves, we are well aware of the difference.

men aye, we gotta love 'em