Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

A few questions if you dont mind helping please...

A few questions if you dont mind helping please...

Old Sep 25th 2008, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Muskoka has a reputation beyond reputeMuskoka has a reputation beyond reputeMuskoka has a reputation beyond reputeMuskoka has a reputation beyond reputeMuskoka has a reputation beyond reputeMuskoka has a reputation beyond reputeMuskoka has a reputation beyond reputeMuskoka has a reputation beyond reputeMuskoka has a reputation beyond reputeMuskoka has a reputation beyond reputeMuskoka has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A few questions if you dont mind helping please...

I'd say check out craigslist, canjobs.com & if you want to get an indication of houseprices - mls.ca. I live in U.K. but only because its easy to work & change jobs, etc. In Canada the people are wonderful - complete strangers talk to you - community spirit is enthralling and the way of life is brilliant. And I don't like driving in white outs

and off topic - Question for you as you say you work for DWP - my old pop died months ago & DWP told me weeks & weeks ago they are going to write to me & want copies of all dads a/c's (he had pension credit). Any idea how long they can take to sort this out? They have told me verbally they want copies of a/c's but this was weeks & weeks ago & I've still not had a letter & dont see why I should chase them?
Old Sep 25th 2008, 8:35 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Not much good bearing in mind the aunt lives in B.C!!

I know that Alberta and Manitoba both have 'family stream' schemes, but they are not relevant in this case, hence I didn't mention it.
OK I'm struggling to find where the OP said the family was in BC
Old Sep 26th 2008, 2:07 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
OK I'm struggling to find where the OP said the family was in BC
I can't speak for christmasoompa, but I may have created confusion by mentioning in post #6 that executive assistants were on the list of Occupations under Pressure in British Columbia.
x
Old Sep 27th 2008, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

simeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by James08
Hey thanks for the repleis so far guys, very helpful and I will read those links when I have more time to do so properly. Obviously I would be putting a lot more research into this before I take it any further I just was hoping to establish whether we would be employable or not in Calgary if we would struggle to find work or if we did so be earning not enough to live on. We are both under 30 so thanks for that advice it soudns a good route to try. And thanks for the wamr welcome and kindness!
hi
helpful!, you have not met butch sadcasiy yet