Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Feeling really down....

Feeling really down....

Old Apr 2nd 2010, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Feeling really down....

Thank you all for your well wishes. We are also looking at possibly a visit to NS next year so we shall see what happens.....

Mel
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

linz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of light

Mel, i don't have any advice etc but wanted to send you a big hug and a few cases of Chardonnay!
As others have said, just because it's crap at the mo doesn't mean it's going to stay that way so maybe the dream isn't over but just delayed a little?!
If you need a rant or anything, feel free to get intouch.
Linz
xx
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light

Could be worse, you could have moved next door to me

Look on the bright side, the pound is so crap it aint worth moving at the moment so it could turn out to be a blessing in disguise
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pammy
Could be worse, you could have moved next door to me

Look on the bright side, the pound is so crap it aint worth moving at the moment so it could turn out to be a blessing in disguise
Ha ha well now, why would that be worse love. You dont know me....

The pound is crap I agree.......not sure about the blessing in disguise though....X

Ahhh well, just pour another one OH.....
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by linz3112
Mel, i don't have any advice etc but wanted to send you a big hug and a few cases of Chardonnay!
As others have said, just because it's crap at the mo doesn't mean it's going to stay that way so maybe the dream isn't over but just delayed a little?!
If you need a rant or anything, feel free to get intouch.
Linz
xx
Thank you Linz for your offer....., sometimes, people on here are really kind. (other times they're just damn hilarious!!!)

Mel.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Strawberry
Ha ha well now, why would that be worse love. You dont know me....

The pound is crap I agree.......not sure about the blessing in disguise though....X

Ahhh well, just pour another one OH.....
I meant bad for you not for me(I have a reputation)

Brew home wine and carbonate it, 1 glass kicks your head in, I forced my OH to drink 1 last night as he was grumpy, he fell asleep shortly after
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 8:15 am
Just Joined

Skisonline is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Feeling really down....

Hi Strawberry

We too are going in on the Entrepreneur route and can imagine your concern.

You're right in saying that it takes a long time and so it does! But that's in your favour, right. We have just submitted our App. and have settled down for the long wait. Use the time to your advantage, that's what business people do.

Having such a dream turn sour like this is VERY disappointing, but the fight's not over yet, it's just begun.

The pound will rise against the CAD from the second half of this year, although not dramatically. You're not going to have to show any proof for about a year, probably much more than that so just hang on in there, things WILL turn for the better, trust me.

Give our regards to your hubby who must be going through it too, and as they say - Chin up!
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you again to everyone.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

sparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud of

Hi Strawberry - Sorry you're feeling down. This immigration lark is stressful isn't it. I can't give much advice on valuing your business for your visa - as I haven't looked into business immigration closely for Canada.

But I'm betting there's ways you can get creative. Does it go on what your business is worth now? Don't forget things like goodwill. I know accountants have methods for calculating stuff like that but you really can pull a figure out of your ass. Or does it go on last few years turnover or profits?

Don't rule out other types of visa. I will most likely start another business when I get over there. But we're planning to go over on a student visa, because it's quick and the partner who is the non-student is allowed an open work permit.

If you don't go over until you get PR, I think you only have so long to transfer money across, before you're liable for tax, so with the exchange rate being poor, it seems worth waiting to apply for PR.

As others have said, if you like Novia Scotia, when you visit - their community scheme (forgotten the name) seems like a good bet and saves a lot of waiting.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Ok thanks for all replies X... Now in process of scaling the business down some more to keep afloat.. Anyways onwards and upwards..... Does anyone know how to withdraw an application. Do I just email CIC with the Receipt details (obviously we don't have a file no as such yet)! - plus does anyone have any ideas how long it takes roughly to get the refund or is it just a case of "how long is a piece of string!".

Mel.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 1:33 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

aww cmon, wheres monkey man when I need him.,... lol....
Ook

Last edited by el_richo; Apr 9th 2010 at 1:39 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

ClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really nice

Thats quite grim richo
ClanickP
Old Apr 10th 2010, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for your well wishes. We are also looking at possibly a visit to NS next year so we shall see what happens.....

Mel
Hi

A lot of the privnces do a PNP.

We looked at all of them and chose NB partly because they wanted the least from us in terms of personal wealth and their business PNP was really reasonable in what it expected from us.
We didn't have to employ anyone or invest a particular sum of money in the business.
Its worked out really well for us and we love it here.

We also looked at the NS PNP but at that time they were demanding the none returnable sum of $130,000 or thereabouts for the privilage.
But that is long since gone and I am sure there is a sensible one in place now.

I wish you and your family all the best and hope you get to realise your ambition to live in Canada.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by el_richo
- been away and this is what I come back to.....
Old Apr 16th 2010, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

arabian77 is on a distinguished road

Hi Strawberry,

Like others on here, i just wanted to say i'm really sorry you are feeling down and i hope your business picks up soon.
Try not to give up on your dream (i know, easier said then done)

You and your OH are in our thoughts.

Mr & Mrs Arabian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.