feeling low!

Old Jan 31st 2009, 2:45 am
Banned

flatscreen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: feeling low!

Originally Posted by jinn
hi everyone,

So here I am, We moved from the UK in Mid Dec 2008, have now been in Toronto for a month.
Experience so far..
Honestly it's not been great, I hate the TV, Can't get a job, find the food prices to be very expereince! have had enough of the snow!
Vegetarian food seems to be non exisistant.

The only plus pointm, I have a 5yr old who is enjoying school..

I'm feeling very sad, and low! I wonder if I've made the wrong decision about moving, I've already considered moving back to the UK..

ohh I'm sorry but I have nothing positive to write about!

$15 an hour seens like a basic wage here..

I don't think I can do this

I wanna go home.........................

:-(

Jinn
Give it chance
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 2:10 am
Just Joined

Poole Clan is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: feeling low!

Hi Jinn
Know exactly how you feel, have been here in Richmond Hill since end of November and have had very good and bad days but like everyone says it will hopefully get better and yes am hoping that it does. I too am looking for work - we have 2 children but a bit older than yours at 15 and 12 so that has brought its problems as well. If you fancy a chat or pm me.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

techwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant future

Hi all,

Not sure if this helps, but here is my situation.

I came across with my wife in September and I suffer from the same feelings every now and again. Homesickness being the worst of them. I have my good days and my bad days.

Skype allows me to see and speak to my family and friends at pre-arranged times.

I have achieved some of my milestones, e.g. passing the BC driving test, but have found it more difficult to achieve others, such as find work - if anyone knows of any IT helpdesk roles going in the Vancouver or Fraser Valley, BC, please let me know.

My wife, a Canadian, says not to give up, and that she will support any decision we make about whether to go back to the UK, but I also committed myself to staying at least a year to try to find our feet.

We are staying at our in-laws just now, which is not the best situation, but at least we have a roof over our head.

I have researched shops in my area to get British goods, such as my favourite beverage, Irn Bru, and frequent them often.

Jinn, if you are missing UKTV visit a site called UKNova. You have to sign up for it, but it is one of the best sites I have found for those missing their soaps, etc.

All in all, I do not regret moving over here, despite the situation I am in at the moment.

Best wishes

GW

Originally Posted by jinn
Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

Our main reason for moving was our children, as mentioned before we have a 5yr old and a 2 yr old, everyting in the UK just seemed to be getting bad, we thought a move here will be good for our children and gives us all a new start.

I have started to miss the London life, my job, certain foods.. especially TV..anyway I can get UKTV here.?

Anyone know of an Iceland type store here? mississauga.

I think I'm gonna give it somemore time here but come the summer if things have'nt improved and I still don't like it. We might have to move back to the UK.

Anyone ,know of people who have actually gone back home?
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 9:41 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poole Clan
Hi Jinn
Know exactly how you feel, have been here in Richmond Hill since end of November and have had very good and bad days but like everyone says it will hopefully get better and yes am hoping that it does. I too am looking for work - we have 2 children but a bit older than yours at 15 and 12 so that has brought its problems as well. If you fancy a chat or pm me.
Poole Clan - r you in Richmond BC?
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 10:22 pm
als
Just Joined

als is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I just joined the forum upon reading your post. Sorry you are feeling low. I am a Canadian but the winters still get me down. I can not handle the lows but it is all natural. You are just a human. Remember to exercise and sleep well. As for veg food, TO is the BEST place in the world to buy anything you fancy. Just let me know what is it that you can't find and I will help. As for the jobs, they will come. Winters are slow but keep faith. Talk to others, don't keep your feelings to yourself. All the best. Al
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

coolmum1 is a jewel in the roughcoolmum1 is a jewel in the roughcoolmum1 is a jewel in the roughcoolmum1 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Poole Clan
Hi Jinn
hi poole clan we moved 14 dec i have 13 year old son we moved to scarbrough toronto and im in same boat trying to find a job doing any think but no joy yet need to meet people son at school is richmond hill in toronto if you fancy chat pm me coolmum1
Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

kate holt has a brilliant futurekate holt has a brilliant futurekate holt has a brilliant futurekate holt has a brilliant futurekate holt has a brilliant futurekate holt has a brilliant futurekate holt has a brilliant future

so jinn hasnt responded to all these posts?

hope shes ok?