Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Feeling bit fed up

Feeling bit fed up

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 12:54 pm
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Feeling bit fed up

Just thought I'd come on here for a bit of a moan and to sympathise with Gay a bit.

We have had our house on the marked for two weeks now and were assured that the first two weeks would be really busy for us with viewings, yeah right! We had two viewings on Saturday and that's it, they both amounted to nothing as well.

We have had to ring the Estate Agents to get feedback from these viewings and we just don't get the impression that they are doing much.

We know it's early days but we are not getting a good feeling about this, should we ride it out for another few weeks or maybe look to move to another Estate Agent? Hmmm, I don't know, might give them until the end of this week, then if we haven't had anymore viewings go and speak to another Agent.

Sorry for moaning, I know there's others out there with worse problems than us.

Chin up girl, for goodness sake!!!
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:07 pm
Happy as a pig in treacle

claire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Feeling bit fed up

Bugg her to chin up! You have a good moan!

We went through this when trying to sell our place. My advice? (for what it's worth), wait til next Monday, see how widely it's advertised (WMN for example), if you're not getting the publicity/viewings/feedback, switch agents quickly. Also weigh up whether its worth the extra cost to go multiple. I really would advise against letting your property stay on the market with little activity, after a couple of weeks people may think there's something wrong with your property if it's still on the market.

Just my two pennethworth hun!

Smile?
C
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:22 pm

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

Two weeks isn't very long and before you go to another agent check the contract you signed. You will probably find you are tied to your current one and if you go to another it will be double commission!
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Well, interest rates are expected to go up next month and from what I understand Cornwall has the highest ratio of house prices to incomes in the country and is largely reliant on people from outside the area buying houses. I wouldn't expect to sell it fast.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

If i remember correctly our contract with the agent was 12 weeks before we could change.
As others have said it is still early days and i don't think it matters what agent you use they are all as bad as one another. We didn't think ours was very good and kept being pestered by other agents who said they could shift it but when i spoke with a guy up the road who was with a different agent he had the same thoughts about his.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 2:26 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Might be a bit late for you, but there's some good advice on dealing with estate agents here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...ad.html?t=5383
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bazzz
Might be a bit late for you, but there's some good advice on dealing with estate agents here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...ad.html?t=5383
Useful stuff but too late for me, where were you when i needed this help?
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

JaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of light

Have you considered selling the property yourself? I am working on our house now to get on the market at the end of May (hopefully) and we plan to try and sell ourselves if at all possible. We're getting a board made (£30), having open weekends plus allowing people to just knock on the door and pop in.

We plan to buy our address as a web address e.g. www.12brownstreet.co.uk and make a web site with very detailed pics and descriptions. I am lucky enough to have a partner who is extremely I.T. literate and will be the master of most of this, however, making the signs, creating your own details, having open weekends etc are all easily achieved.

I really understand feeling fed up. We are both very frustrated at the moment and feel like the move will never happen. I'm trying to loose a little weight before my medical (for my work permit) and also trying to decorate the house plus working full time. I'll admit I've become a little overwhelmed so as a result have just done nothing on the house and then felt constantly guilty and stressed as a result! Now trying to get back on track *SIGH*
</IMG>
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kazbob
Just thought I'd come on here for a bit of a moan and to sympathise with Gay a bit.

We have had our house on the marked for two weeks now and were assured that the first two weeks would be really busy for us with viewings, yeah right! We had two viewings on Saturday and that's it, they both amounted to nothing as well.

We have had to ring the Estate Agents to get feedback from these viewings and we just don't get the impression that they are doing much.

We know it's early days but we are not getting a good feeling about this, should we ride it out for another few weeks or maybe look to move to another Estate Agent? Hmmm, I don't know, might give them until the end of this week, then if we haven't had anymore viewings go and speak to another Agent.

Sorry for moaning, I know there's others out there with worse problems than us.

Chin up girl, for goodness sake!!!
Hi Girl

I know what you mean.

I have been back on the market 2 weekd including Easter and have had 1 - yes 1 viewer :curse: :curse:

So things are not going well for me - more :curse:
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Hi Girl

I know what you mean.

I have been back on the market 2 weekd including Easter and have had 1 - yes 1 viewer :curse: :curse:

Hi
We have been on the market for 6 weeks and have just sacked the 1st estate agent...we had to give 2 weeks notice
Second one is coming to take piccies next Mon so fingers crossed
You have had double the veiwings we have had
jo
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 6:40 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep yer chin up! It will happen......
This is what my mum was told recently (I am presuming that this is based on where she lives), average time to get offer on a house is 8 weeks, ratio of viwing to offers is 1 - 8, they have had approx 30 viewing, 4 offers, 3 of whom withdrew.
One is still on the table and currently in the very early stages of going through, people have got provisonal mortagage offer, but no surveys or searches done yet...Could potentially all fall through.
They are moving to France and are getting very impatient!!!
Sending happy buyer vibes your way...........
Charlie

Last edited by purple80; Apr 23rd 2007 at 6:52 pm. Reason: Can't spell or make sense
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 6:43 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Hi Girl

I know what you mean.

Hi Gaynor,
Sending happy buyer vibes your way as well, you still going to the meet up at the weekend??
Charlie
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by purple80
Hi Gaynor,
Sending happy buyer vibes your way as well, you still going to the meet up at the weekend??
Charlie
All depends if Nate is playing footie as to what time we arrive

Gayx
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 7:17 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Can well sympathise with you, our house is on market now, like you we thought 1st few weeks would be full of fewings, nope, we also thought that there would be a fairly high offer which didn't come in. We have had 4 offers which 3 were very low, 4th is finally near where we want to be. It will happen, just takes a little bit of time. Have you tried checking how much the agent is marketing property, is it in local papers/websites?

i agree with the other posters though you probably will be tied in for at least 12weeks. Are you in a desparate hurry to sell, besides you wanting to be in canada ASAP, if you're not, then it may pay to leave it for a few weeks see how it goes. If you do need to sell your house PDQ then think about going multi agency, but remember that will cost you more in agency fees.

Good luck with the sale, keep in touch let us know how you get on

Regards

Steve

house selling karma sent
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to everyone selling their houses. Ours has been on the market for 4 weeks - 1 viewer! Another appointment for Thursday. We too had hopes of lots of viewers when it first went on the market - it took 2 weeks for the first!

It is difficult knowing what to do - our agent is quite pro-active but says business is quiet (another agents locally says the same). Perhaps buyers are worried at the possible/likely rise in interest rates and the lack of fixed-price deals?

Could someone locate the house-selling dancers and send them on a tour of the BE houses for sale? PLEASE????????

Joanne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.