Fancy a Pint

Old Jun 5th 2009, 5:51 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fancy a Pint

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Hahaha... see, there are some redeeming features of the suburban dystopia. Cameron's Auburn is a great session beer imho - not as bland as the industrial producers, but neither so over-complex as a lot of microbrewery stuff. I've not seen it anywhere on draft, but it's available in the Beer Store as well as LCBO.
There's also a micro-brewery in Port Credit, on Mississauga Rd, never tried their stuff but they've been there for donkey's years so someone's drinking it.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Snort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really nice

Originally Posted by skyturner
In search of a mans pub in Kamloops BC on our last reccie I found a "redneck" kind of place....excellent, that was until I asked for a real ale or a dark beer, the barmaid gave me a dark beer that was OK, but when she asked me how I found it I truthfully told her it was nice but it should be room temp not ice cold like the lagers........phew, you would have though I had refused to pay or something, the guys at the bar jumped to the barmaids defence telling her to take no notice of me and that she sold the finest dark beer around and If I didnt like it to go elsewhere etc. No amount of explaining helped and disappointed at the locals extreme reaction to my innocent/truthful and advisory comment I left with my tail between my legs.

I am not there yet (actually going to Penticton instead now....not because of this incident), however, I will miss my British pint! maybe there is a niche for expats micro breweries to spring up eh?
you commited the cardinal sin, you critisised North American Beer, and their methods of serving it.

The Beer at Henries is served cool, but not cold, infact cellar temp just as its supposed to be served, tastes great, infact may need to pop in again this weekend for a fix
Old Jun 5th 2009, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Snort
We have been in Nova Scotia for 16 Months now, in general everything is begining to settle down and life is moving forward. There are a few things we miss from the old country, but now we can cross one off the list.

Just found a pub in DT Halifax called the Henry House, it sells locally brewed beer from the granite brewery that is brewed to a British recipie. I had 3 pints the other weekend and was in 7th heaven.

Peculiar is 5.6% and based on the old peculiar recipe, it doesnt taste as sweet as the original, but is all the same a great pint.

The Best Bitter is as good as any ive tasted in the UK and at 4.3% is a good tasting full bodied pint.

They do several other brews but my capacity seems to have gone down a little through lack of practice,

The food is very good as well, my lad was allowed in the pub till 9pm or the dining room all night.

Oh and the price per pint, from $5.50 to $6 per pint (yes real pint glasses) for this quality worth the price

Sounds good. I can also recommend the Garrison Brewery - if you haven't tried it it's worth a visit
Old Jun 6th 2009, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Snave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Snort
you commited the cardinal sin, you critisised North American Beer, and their methods of serving it.
I've said it before - the difference between UK and Canada is that in the UK beer is warm and it's the women that are cold.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

skyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Snave
I've said it before - the difference between UK and Canada is that in the UK beer is warm and it's the women that are cold.
that's why I traded my UK wife in for a Canadian one