Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Family Income approx C$80,000 - Victoria BC

Family Income approx C$80,000 - Victoria BC

Old Jan 16th 2016, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

TheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Income approx C$80,000 - Victoria BC

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Do they sell cookies in Canada still? Haven't seen any cookie sales or anyone selling them for a couple years now, but could just be this area isn't popular for guides.
Yea, they're still sold. Mostly at malls and outside Walmart, I never see them anywhere else. One guy at work was selling them out of his office, which made him the most popular guy on site.

The vanilla cookies in the summer should be dropped btw, the mint chocolate should be sold through the whole year.
Old Jan 18th 2016, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheAwesomeMatt
Yea, they're still sold. Mostly at malls and outside Walmart, I never see them anywhere else. One guy at work was selling them out of his office, which made him the most popular guy on site.

The vanilla cookies in the summer should be dropped btw, the mint chocolate should be sold through the whole year.
My daughter is in guides and she sells the cookies door to door around where we live. She sold about 60 boxes the last time, they really do seem to be a form of drug for some people...
Old Jan 19th 2016, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

getoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
I don't mind Duncan. I think it's quite quaint. Reminds me of the town in Back to the Future. I believe it's the smallest "city" in Canada. If you don't have to work in Victoria, the Malahat is not an issue on a daily basis. It's rarely closed due to weather. In fact I can't remember it ever closing because of the weather. Now accidents, that's another matter.
...and make sure you don't get totalled by some guy driving his truck at break neck speed with his fog lights even when its not foggy.
Old Jan 19th 2016, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

getoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
The Okanagan is pretty good too although hasn't got the ocean but people here live on a lot less. Work opportunities are a little lean though depending on what field you work in
Our whole point of moving to Canada was to live in the Okanagan. Never quite made it their thought. Work is an issue. We still have the option to retire to the Okanagan but was disappointed with the fires last year and the shear lack of planning with the developments all over the place. It seems they start a good plan to develop an area but never finish it or change the zoning for high density and make the place look like crap. Seen the same here on the Island.
Old Jan 19th 2016, 1:44 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by getoutofbritainquick
Our whole point of moving to Canada was to live in the Okanagan. Never quite made it their thought. Work is an issue. We still have the option to retire to the Okanagan but was disappointed with the fires last year and the shear lack of planning with the developments all over the place. It seems they start a good plan to develop an area but never finish it or change the zoning for high density and make the place look like crap. Seen the same here on the Island.
I like both areas, Victoria and here. Obviously fires have been a problem, thankfully not where we are but there is always that risk. Work in the area as you say is tricky. Where we are developments aren't a big problem, maybe they are in Kelowna.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 11:19 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

I think you will struggle to find work in Victoria/VI and $80K will be very very tight. Normally, Alberta would be a good starting point for work, and lower costs, with a view to resettling in Victoria later, but with the downturn, that may be a bit tricky too. Definitely do your research first.