Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

family class application

family class application

Old Jan 24th 2002, 8:01 am
Webimmigration.Com

Hi:

Your wife must provide all the information requested on the IMM008 form. This is her
application for Canadian permanent residency.

Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 24th 2002, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

hwg81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Expert:

I am an immigrant in Canada. Now I am sponsoring my wife and son to immigrant to Canada. Could I ask you some questions about family class application kit? Does my wife need to fill in the column about her spouse, me in the item 16 of IMM 0008? My understanding is that she does not need to do so, since her spouse, me is her sponsor, right? Thanks advance.

Old Jan 24th 2002, 3:48 pm
Pavel

I'm sponsoring my wife, and we had to fill out that column. I know it's stupid but
that's the way bureaucracy works....

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 25th 2002, 1:58 pm
The Wizzard

i am not sure about this one now you have mentioned it, when reading through the form
i figured you'd just put not applicable, or just write sponsor in thta spouse column.
i mean the column has to be there for other cases where the spouse is accompnying or
not but not the sponsor. in the instuctions it says in bold letters only to fill in
'dependants' but your sponsor is surely not your dependant, but then it also says
only to write not applicable if you have never been married, which isnt true either.
but i cant see the sense in demanding all the sponsors info again which they already
have, they just want info on all teh dependandt people in yoru family. and it would
be a hassle to go get photographs of yoru spouse again as a dependant when they arent
dependant cos they are the sponsor. it would be handy if one of the lawyers could be
bothered jsut telling us the right thing to do rather than letting us guess.

Drew

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG