Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

EXPO LEEDS 9/10 MAY CANCELLED!!

EXPO LEEDS 9/10 MAY CANCELLED!!

Old Apr 27th 2009, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

rufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nice
Default Re: EXPO LEEDS 9/10 MAY CANCELLED!!

£16,000 GBP?!?!?!?!?!

Are you sure? I'm surprised anyone goes lol

Helen

Originally Posted by Paul Wildy
I can't say that I'm entirely suprised by this - their stands are extremely expensive (I heard one exhibitor last November say they had paid GBP16,000 for a stand) and I would imigine the employers who exhibited last November at the Leeds and London Expos would not wish to fork out another load of money again just 6 months later.

The funny thing is that I'm going to be giving a series of Immigration seminars in the UK and Ireland in early June so it looks as though I am now in competition with the Expo people
Old Apr 28th 2009, 6:30 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EXPO LEEDS 9/10 MAY CANCELLED!!

Originally Posted by rufus2000
£16,000 GBP?!?!?!?!?!

Are you sure? I'm surprised anyone goes lol

Helen
Thats what I was told by an exhibitor. I suppose some employers take the view that if they are able to recruit several suitable candidates at the show it works out cheaper than paying recruitment agency fees but I would have thought by the time you add flights, hotel etc it works out to be a very expensive exercise which is a shame really because if employers had more of an incentive to go then there would be more employers there which in turn would mean more people would go.

I was thinking about exhibiting but at those rates I decided to run my own series of information seminars covering immigration and job-hunting strategies instead.