Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

EXPO LEEDS 9/10 MAY CANCELLED!!

EXPO LEEDS 9/10 MAY CANCELLED!!

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice
Default EXPO LEEDS 9/10 MAY CANCELLED!!

Just in case you were also going but haven't heard the Expo event planned for the 9/10 May in Leeds has been cancelled. :curse:

I received an email informing me of the change, here is what they have said:

We wish to inform you that the Opportunities Canada Expos in Leeds, scheduled for 9–10 May, has been replaced with the How to Move to Canada Seminars.

Due to the current economic climate, the employers that had originally committed to attending have had to change their plans and recruitment strategies for the short- term future. We have therefore decided not to proceed with the event, as we would be unable to maintain our standards and meet your level of expectation.

Despite this change, however, we are writing with good news. Opportunities Canada Expo ticket holders may attend the newly launched How to Move to Canada Seminar to be held in Leeds on 9 and 10 May from 9:30am – 12:30pm.

Your entry is discounted
Tickets to the seminar are £20, but your expo ticket, valued at £15, will secure your entry to the seminar.

Tell me more
The How to Move to Canada Seminar will provide you with detailed information on all aspects of moving to Canada. Learn about how best to move you and your family:

the best and fastest visa options for your situation
where to live in Canada
employment opportunities
the Canadian education and health system
property
moving your money and possessions
and more detailed information on the current climate for migration.
Where and when
You’ve already set aside time to attend the expo in Leeds on 9 and 10 May, so we hope you’ll be able to attend the seminar instead.

Two separate sessions will take place:

Saturday, 9 May, 9:30am – 12:30pm
Sunday, 10 May, 9:30am – 12:30pm

You´ll also be able to speak with the presenters after each seminar.

Both seminar sessions will be held at Saviles Hall (opposite Royal Armouries Museum), Armouries Square, Leeds LS10 1LT

What do you need to do now?
Let us know which seminar session you’ll be attending. Seating is limited, so please reply as soon as possible. Email us here and include the following information:

> Name(s) on expo ticket(s)
> Email address ticket(s) were purchased with
> Which session you would like to attend:
- Saturday 9 May, 9.30am or
- Sunday 10 May, 9.30am

(or)

Let us know if you would like to have your Opportunities Canada Expo ticket refunded by emailing us here.

We apologise for any inconvenience these changes may cause you, and wish you all the best with your planned migration.

We look forward to hearing from you.

The Opportunities Canada Expo Team
www.expo-canada.com

I know the feedback on BE is not great about Expo events but even so I was quite looking forward to going, just not sure whether to bother now.

Has anyone attended the How To Move To Canada Seminars before?

Would be good to know whether to get a refund or not.

Thanks
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all
Default Re: EXPO LEEDS 9/10 MAY CANCELLED!!

Originally Posted by Smudger75
Just in case you were also going but haven't heard the Expo event planned for the 9/10 May in Leeds has been cancelled. :curse:

I received an email informing me of the change, here is what they have said:

We wish to inform you that the Opportunities Canada Expos in Leeds, scheduled for 9–10 May, has been replaced with the How to Move to Canada Seminars.

Due to the current economic climate, the employers that had originally committed to attending have had to change their plans and recruitment strategies for the short- term future. We have therefore decided not to proceed with the event, as we would be unable to maintain our standards and meet your level of expectation.

Despite this change, however, we are writing with good news. Opportunities Canada Expo ticket holders may attend the newly launched How to Move to Canada Seminar to be held in Leeds on 9 and 10 May from 9:30am – 12:30pm.

Your entry is discounted
Tickets to the seminar are £20, but your expo ticket, valued at £15, will secure your entry to the seminar.

Tell me more
The How to Move to Canada Seminar will provide you with detailed information on all aspects of moving to Canada. Learn about how best to move you and your family:

the best and fastest visa options for your situation
where to live in Canada
employment opportunities
the Canadian education and health system
property
moving your money and possessions
and more detailed information on the current climate for migration.
Where and when
You’ve already set aside time to attend the expo in Leeds on 9 and 10 May, so we hope you’ll be able to attend the seminar instead.

Two separate sessions will take place:

Saturday, 9 May, 9:30am – 12:30pm
Sunday, 10 May, 9:30am – 12:30pm

You´ll also be able to speak with the presenters after each seminar.

Both seminar sessions will be held at Saviles Hall (opposite Royal Armouries Museum), Armouries Square, Leeds LS10 1LT

What do you need to do now?
Let us know which seminar session you’ll be attending. Seating is limited, so please reply as soon as possible. Email us here and include the following information:

> Name(s) on expo ticket(s)
> Email address ticket(s) were purchased with
> Which session you would like to attend:
- Saturday 9 May, 9.30am or
- Sunday 10 May, 9.30am

(or)

Let us know if you would like to have your Opportunities Canada Expo ticket refunded by emailing us here.

We apologise for any inconvenience these changes may cause you, and wish you all the best with your planned migration.

We look forward to hearing from you.

The Opportunities Canada Expo Team
www.expo-canada.com

I know the feedback on BE is not great about Expo events but even so I was quite looking forward to going, just not sure whether to bother now.

Has anyone attended the How To Move To Canada Seminars before?

Would be good to know whether to get a refund or not.

Thanks
hi not heard of these seminars before...

wondering if they are new....frankly with what they are covering...well you could get that info from here

shame as you was looking forward to it

kae
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by kmcguinness
hi not heard of these seminars before...

wondering if they are new....frankly with what they are covering...well you could get that info from here

shame as you was looking forward to it

kae
Hi Kae,

Exactly what I was thinking - think I'll get my £30 back and buy a new dress!!

Nic
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 6:38 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they realised there is nothing outside Yorkshire worth visiting...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 6:43 pm
In limbo!

Sleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really nice

I found the seminars the most interesting bit and we found a route in we hadn't known about before (ours isn't a straight forward case). I agree though that a lot of the information is freely available on here but you may just hear something from the professionals that may be of interest.

That said it isn't my £30, not sure I would spend £15 a ticket on a three hour seminar never mind £20!!
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Walsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant future

So I presume the London one is changed too! Blast, and I have flights booked and all! Will just have to enjoy the weekend anyway! But I don't think we'll be able to stay away... just because there may be something new to learn!
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:11 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Walsh Clan
So I presume the London one is changed too! Blast, and I have flights booked and all! Will just have to enjoy the weekend anyway! But I don't think we'll be able to stay away... just because there may be something new to learn!
Yes according to their site the London one is also now a Seminar and not an "Expo".
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:16 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

I can't say that I'm entirely suprised by this - their stands are extremely expensive (I heard one exhibitor last November say they had paid GBP16,000 for a stand) and I would imigine the employers who exhibited last November at the Leeds and London Expos would not wish to fork out another load of money again just 6 months later.

The funny thing is that I'm going to be giving a series of Immigration seminars in the UK and Ireland in early June so it looks as though I am now in competition with the Expo people
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:23 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Maybe they realised there is nothing outside Yorkshire worth visiting...
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

Kirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to all

The Belfast one was cancelled too...they were just holding a seminar in some hotel in its place! I got the email to say a few months back although I didn't need to go this year! It's a shame though as I had gone the two previous years and found it to be a brilliant thing!
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Lady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Walsh Clan
Yes we just found out the London one has changed....:curse:

However we will still go, and spend the afternoon with hubbys London-based brother. Not best impressed it has to be said. I am ever hopeful we will learn something valuable there, but I am not expecting to...
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:20 pm
Immigration Consultant

I would imagine the switch to seminars rather than outright cancellation is to try and avoid having to give everyone their money back - much of it probably already having been spent on promotion etc.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

I think you're absolutely right there Paul and what is annoying is they have tried to say that tickets for this new seminar should be £20 but they are letting you go for the £15 already paid. I wouldn't care but it is only a 3 hour seminar, the Expo event you could go all day for 2 days if you wanted!!
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

marty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nice

oh well looks our weekend in leeds will be cancelled.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

Panz is an unknown quantity at this point

To be honest if it has been cancelled then it is time and money well saved so be happy - to put it simply we went last year and it was a complete waste of time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.