Reload this Page >

experience with xe.com

experience with xe.com

Old May 5th 2005, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

nivlass will become famous soon enoughnivlass will become famous soon enough
Default experience with xe.com

HI
I have just registered with XE.com in order to wire some money over in the next few weeks. It seems a long-winded process in order to register but it is good to have lots of checks when send money. Anyway, has anyone got experience with using xe.com, good and bad.

Cheers
Old May 5th 2005, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

ella69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: experience with xe.com

Hi
I used the Xchange Business center and its been nearly a week and I havent got my funds yet. I supplied all the neccessary banking info that was given to me my BMO.
Yet no money, I have been going back and forth between the xchange company and BMO who are my bankers.
I have read good remarks about XE.com from this website.
So good luck
Old May 5th 2005, 8:32 pm
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

I have used the X change business on several occaisions. Once account is set up it is easy, or has been for me. Sometimes it is the banks that are a pain. They will take 4 days to send money to the X change. Then it is wired and takes a day of two. Then the bank the other end decide how long they will keep it before it is "cleared"
It should not happen in this day and age, but it does. This is how the banks make so much money.

i did not use xe. com, as ther were a few things in the small print that concerned me regarding computer access and sending money etc.
I was happier talking on phone to my guy or emailing him request to buy money. XE required so much more information than Xchange. But xe.com are based on Canada I believe?

Originally Posted by ella69
Hi
I used the Xchange Business center and its been nearly a week and I havent got my funds yet. I supplied all the neccessary banking info that was given to me my BMO.
Yet no money, I have been going back and forth between the xchange company and BMO who are my bankers.
I have read good remarks about XE.com from this website.
So good luck
Old May 5th 2005, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond repute

I have been using it regularly in the last year to transfer money to Canada and I've never had a problem getting it there.. it usually takes 2-3 business days for a transaction to go through if you do an EFT (electronic fund transfer). wire transfers might take between 5-6 days.
Old May 5th 2005, 9:12 pm
Cheese & Onion Member

Crispie will become famous soon enoughCrispie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by woodworm
I have been using it regularly in the last year to transfer money to Canada and I've never had a problem getting it there.. it usually takes 2-3 business days for a transaction to go through if you do an EFT (electronic fund transfer). wire transfers might take between 5-6 days.
Have you compared exchange rates with others? They claim to be good but I wondered if you could confirm that! Good to hear useage is good.
Old May 5th 2005, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crispie
Have you compared exchange rates with others? They claim to be good but I wondered if you could confirm that! Good to hear useage is good.
Before I first used them I was a bit wary about the whole thing, since I didn't have any references. So to check them out, I transfered identical amounts with XE and with the bank I have my account with (all on the same day). The result was that XE gave me a better exchange rate ( in my case it was about 2.5%) , transferred quicker and didn't charge me any fees, whereas my bank charged me unreasonably for one little transfer... so there you go.. Consequently I transferred all the money to buy a house in Canada with XE.... however I didn't dare doing it in one lump sum.. I split it in about 10 different transfers...just in case it would disappear :-) but it didn't and the exchange rate kept changing in my favour as I was going....
Old May 5th 2005, 9:55 pm
Cheese & Onion Member

Before I first used them I was a bit wary about the whole thing, since I didn't have any references. So to check them out, I transfered identical amounts with XE and with the bank I have my account with (all on the same day). The result was that XE gave me a better exchange rate ( in my case it was about 2.5%) , transferred quicker and didn't charge me any fees, whereas my bank charged me unreasonably for one little transfer... so there you go.. Consequently I transferred all the money to buy a house in Canada with XE.... however I didn't dare doing it in one lump sum.. I split it in about 10 different transfers...just in case it would disappear :-) but it didn't and the exchange rate kept changing in my favour as I was going....
Thanks woodworm>
I know it is miles better than banks but I wondered if you compared it with other special money transfer companies eg. moneycorp
Where in NS are you?
Old May 5th 2005, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Crispie
Thanks woodworm>
I know it is miles better than banks but I wondered if you compared it with other special money transfer companies eg. moneycorp
Where in NS are you?
no, sorry, I didn't compare it with other money transfer agencies...

I am on the South Shore, between Liverpool and Bridgewater in a tiny village called Vogler's Cove...
Old May 5th 2005, 10:19 pm
Cheese & Onion Member

no, sorry, I didn't compare it with other money transfer agencies...

I am on the South Shore, between Liverpool and Bridgewater in a tiny village called Vogler's Cove...
We drove close to you on the 103 last month. The coast is stunning down your way!
Sorry about the thread- jack everyone