Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Experience of flying to Canada during Covid

Experience of flying to Canada during Covid

Old Aug 12th 2020, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

i_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Experience of flying to Canada during Covid

Originally Posted by bramallblade
Not yet which I what I presume the issue is. As of 20:00 BST, I will be.
This may be the issue. Come to think of it, it was in the evening it gave it to me (our flight was a 5pm).

I hope it works out.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by i_Seeker
This may be the issue. Come to think of it, it was in the evening it gave it to me (our flight was a 5pm).

I hope it works out.
I'm sure it will be fine. I'll let you know. Thanks for your assistance.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

wardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond repute

let us know if that was the issue. hope it gets sorted for thi
Old Aug 12th 2020, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

i_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully it will resolve itself 48 hours before your flight. Let us know.
Old Aug 13th 2020, 4:40 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies for the size of that image. No idea why it is so large or how to change it.
The image defaults to the original - but to change an image size in future - click on the image then select 'Source' from the bar above.. you will see the size of the image within the source code of it - for example
xxxx://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/britishexpats.com-vbulletin/470x1000/20200812_093347_1__9fd80f4b8559a77ffd1acb51f805891 845b5a9ad.jpg
To reduce the size, go to the number part (which I have 'bolded') and change them to around 50% (the original size was 940 x 2000) and then post as usual. If you need to adjust it, you have 10 minutes after posting - click on edit then follow the same outline. HTH's
Old Aug 13th 2020, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by i_Seeker
Hopefully it will resolve itself 48 hours before your flight. Let us know.
It did. Have a code now when I tried this morning. Now if only Air Transat online check in would work for me. Never does. 2nd time in a row it says 'check in failed'. Back to Air Canada next time.
Old Aug 13th 2020, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

It did. Have a code now when I tried this morning. Now if only Air Transat online check in would work for me. Never does. 2nd time in a row it says 'check in failed'. Back to Air Canada next time.
I don't think you can check in online. Due to Covid you will have to present yourself at the desk, and show your family are exempt from travel restrictions (if you you have the work permit/permanent residency).
Old Aug 13th 2020, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hmmm. That makes little sense though. Why would they offer online check in and then let you go through the entire process for it to just fail at the end? Surely, they would just disable it as a function during Covid. I can't recall now if I checked in online with Air Canada when I flew out on Canada Day though come to think of it.

This has happened to me before with Transat. I am a Canadian PR and have been for 3.5 years now. Usually we fly AC as we have an Aeroplan credit card but this time I flew out with AC and back with Transat as they are considerably cheaper this time ($500). I remember they wouldn't let me check in online then also as my PR card was screwing it up. Clearly they still haven't solved that issue.