Reload this Page >

Expat Hockey in Halifax?

Expat Hockey in Halifax?

Old Dec 5th 2008, 12:57 am
Dismember

scrubbedexpat074 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Expat Hockey in Halifax?

Originally Posted by lostandconfused
Ah! My apologies, perhaps I was getting ahead of myself. I'll work on my pitch and see you at the Forum skate sessions in Jan...
Just back from the forum, it will have to the pitch of a lifetime... These leagues often get the crappiest ice-time - 11pm on a Friday/Saturday at Scotia 2 - no thanks... Oh and I fell over tonight and will be taking up a musical instrument after Xmas instead of skating!
Old Dec 5th 2008, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

troy74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lostandconfused
Ah! My apologies, perhaps I was getting ahead of myself. I'll work on my pitch and see you at the Forum skate sessions in Jan...
hmmm is there any teams of a low standard that might allow us to share there ice time coz if its anything like the uk ice time can be expensive (and usually late at night).most teams would (hopfully) welcome fresh meat with a few dollars in there pockets...and we might learn somthing on the way...then when we are up to scratch ,split away and dominate the tim bit league.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

lostandconfused is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Expat Hockey in Halifax?

Originally Posted by troy74
share there ice time ... split away and dominate etc
Sounds like an excellent plan to me. I'll keep a look out for a suitably rubbish league! Playing pickup might be a better option too to begin with, although there are "instructional leagues" for learners advertised on the Halifax forum/RinkTime website. More research needed!
Old Dec 19th 2008, 2:22 am
Just Joined

troy74 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have at least 2 more guys intrested in playing /windmilling in the centre of the ice,they work at the airport with me and theres lots of brits here that i might be able to get intrested in joining the team....any thoughts on team names....old england patriots....red jackets.....brown wings etc
Old Jan 1st 2009, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

poface is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello People

Count me in. Cant skate very well ( Only go forward). Cant play hockey, but willing to learn. My wife bought me hockey scates for xmas so ready to go!
Old Jan 1st 2009, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

benjamin78 has a brilliant futurebenjamin78 has a brilliant futurebenjamin78 has a brilliant futurebenjamin78 has a brilliant futurebenjamin78 has a brilliant futurebenjamin78 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by poface
Hello People

Count me in. Cant skate very well ( Only go forward). Cant play hockey, but willing to learn. My wife bought me hockey scates for xmas so ready to go!
I have lived in Canada all my kife and can not skate but I do love to watch hockey on TV Good luck with finding people to play on your team
Old Apr 10th 2009, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

lostandconfused is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again all - have yet to find a league, but pickup next winter seems like the way to go.

Also, for those new to the sport, Dalhousie are running a beginner/intermediate hockey camp for adults (it's "co-ed" too). $335 for around 22 hours of ice time.

It's run in two sections, teaching/skills after work during the week and then a supervised game each sunday:

Section 01: M/W 6:00-7:30pm, Sundays 4:30-600pm
Section 02: T/TH 6:00-7:30pm, Sundays 4:30-600pm

I've signed up - perhaps see a few of you there?

http://www.athletics.dal.ca/default.cfm?id=673