BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Exchange rate

Mandy thanks much appreciated.

Chris
Old Mar 18th 2008, 5:39 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Chris - what happened with the rate cut? Gone well past 2:15pm now and can't see anything announced? USD has weakened slightly by the looks of it since earlier, but the loonie appears to be holding?
Old Mar 18th 2008, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
Chris - what happened with the rate cut? Gone well past 2:15pm now and can't see anything announced? USD has weakened slightly by the looks of it since earlier, but the loonie appears to be holding?
2.15 ET - shortly UK time......
Old Mar 18th 2008, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

sorry did i put 2.15pm uk time...there you go getting up early does take its toll. due at 6.15 uk time, 20 mins from now.
Chris
Old Mar 18th 2008, 6:06 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Visa Inc floats today doesn't it, how will the conditions at the moment affect normal trading there?

Big day with a lot going on.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

CUT 75 BP
Old Mar 18th 2008, 6:19 am
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Right back up above $2.00 to the GBP.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

not now it isn't...just dipped below tghe major 2.0000

was really hoping for 1% -1.25% that would have seen the rate head much higher.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Easy Tiger you could give a girl a heart attack reading stuff like that!!!!

I have no idea what Chris meant either (and read it loads to try and get my head round it ) but we're not all gonna be booted out of our jobs just yet even though the share price is dire.

The whole "fear factor" is affecting every financial instituation at the moment (FWIW I've just bouught more BMO shares - its a long term thing!) and as the natural cycles of boom and bust occur, all we are in is a bit of a downturn, these don't last forever and in time it will pick up. Could be months but more likely years.

Don't panic is my motto at the moment
Keep an eye on your ticker there Mandy! Just passing on info that affects us all. Sure, 325M is "nothing" to a big bank. But just think of how much that really is. Astounding! Bet the "Investment Bankers" all walked away with 6/7 figure bonuses too:curse:

Anyway, a BMO cashpoint gave me a few hundred bucks today, so it can't be all bad!
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

geedee, what i was implying is if that is all BMO have on their books then the shares will come out of this nicely...all banking stocks have been crushed because the market presumes if this bank and that bank have cocked up they all have. When the dust clears, if this it for BMO then people buying shares here will be more than happy.

Chris
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

strong rumours in the market that Halifax are in trouble. There shares had to be halted earlier due to being limit down.

Chris
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:50 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

We have had meeting with different people from the HBOS group, and the general consensus is that they are desperate to reduce lending, as they are at too much risk at the present time.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

all i know is they just cost me a shedload of money.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:08 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Not so good Chris. How's the commodity market looking at the minute?
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cneldred
strong rumours in the market that Halifax are in trouble. There shares had to be halted earlier due to being limit down.

Chris
I have a mortgage due to complete with them next week?

Think a swift email to my mortgage broker is in order!

Sorry to hear about your cash Chris, was it the cut being too small? Regardless, I feel for you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.