Wikiposts

Exchange rate

Old Dec 23rd 2009, 2:48 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchange rate

Originally Posted by Alan2005
not looked in a while - didn't realize it had gotten so low!
Hit $1.61 this week!
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 3:28 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Hit $1.61 this week!
then you should be looking to get a new FX dealer. 1.63 is the year low.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 3:54 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
then you should be looking to get a new FX dealer. 1.63 is the year low.
Small amounts from a bank. Hardly worth sending to a broker, Tuesday morning, came back up a few cents, but still only $1.63 today from the bank. Lowest Fx rate I saw was $1.59 this year. Lowest interbank in 2009 $1.6344.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 5:05 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Small amounts from a bank. Hardly worth sending to a broker, Tuesday morning, came back up a few cents, but still only $1.63 today from the bank. Lowest Fx rate I saw was $1.59 this year. Lowest interbank in 2009 $1.6344.
fair enough I guess for tourist rates.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

paolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bsmith
meanwhile Noble peace prizes are awarded to those moving 30 000 troops into foreign lands.

it is a mad, bad and profoundly strange world these days!!!! forget what you think you know
Old Dec 24th 2009, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

Pebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nice

Sorry about the exchange rate. The day after we had our offer on a house accepted in September this most recent plumet started! Got 3 months to completion for it to pick up
Old Dec 24th 2009, 2:48 am
Procrastinating

Hobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud of

We sold our house about 5 months ago now, brought over most of our cash pretty quick at ok rates for the current climate - 1.8. Now holding our breath and running a small credit line as it's better than brininging any more over at the lows we keep seeing.

I'm hoping that at some point in the next 6-months we'll see the heady heights of 1.9...

Here's to a New Year and a new chance for a UK recovery!
Old Dec 24th 2009, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Do you know who offers the best exchange rates? The best I saw at the time you mentioned was around $1.68 from some of the currency exchange companies.
Old Dec 24th 2009, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by johnh009
Do you know who offers the best exchange rates? The best I saw at the time you mentioned was around $1.68 from some of the currency exchange companies.
The Fx houses usually offer the best rates, depends how much you are exchanging as to how much time spent hunting around. Also the rate can change between phone calls. We mostly use Custom House.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

TheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond repute

$1.62 today...that has got be the lowest for many many years, probably the 70s or something.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

the_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond repute

down to 1.619 crashing on its arse! I'm gutted 2 weeks ago, I was going to exchange some cash at 1.70, ut waited as I saw it was going up, kick myself I could!
Old Feb 19th 2010, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Luckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud of

Couldn't resist looking back at the very first posts on this back when folks were upset 'cos it had dropped down below $2.25 !!!
Was it Mary Hopkins that sang "Those were the days my friend"?
Old Feb 19th 2010, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

TheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the_tones_guy
down to 1.619 crashing on its arse! I'm gutted 2 weeks ago, I was going to exchange some cash at 1.70, ut waited as I saw it was going up, kick myself I could!
I moved my meagre savings over when it was $1.83...waiting to hear about a job interview now, makes telling them what your current salary is a bit diffiuclt as my salary has dropped over 30% in canadian dollar terms since I started the application process.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 12:56 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

The worst thing is when you have people visit and they'll go "ooooh it's expensive here".... Can't get their head around the fact that no, the prices are constant here, it's the pound that's in the toilet.....
Old Feb 19th 2010, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Pound whore's like dropping is a knickers the.

Re-arrange the above sentence to describe what is happening today. Personally I feel we are at the beginning unless our feeble government get their act together and stop this debt addiction stuff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.