Wikiposts

Exchange rate

Old Dec 16th 2008, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Southcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Exchange rate

Originally Posted by Danny B
An email from Moneycorp that I haven't been able to unsubscribe from since July 07.
Interesting - its a slightly more positive view
Old Dec 16th 2008, 12:35 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

GBP tweaked $1.90 yesterday, but not for long.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Aviator
GBP tweaked $1.90 yesterday, but not for long.
Hold out as long as you can!!! One Pound of Her Maj's currency is worth far more than 1.9 loonies!!!

(any way to post stirring Patriotic music???)
Old Dec 16th 2008, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geedee
Hold out as long as you can!!! One Pound of Her Maj's currency is worth far more than 1.9 loonies!!!

(any way to post stirring Patriotic music???)
Why do you think that? Gordon Brown is a lunatic and together with Darling they are destroying our economy. The only serious industry we have in this country now is financial services. If you include the off balance sheet stuff like PFI, public sector pensions and the recent gamble on the financial markets, our national debt is massive. Our levels of personal indebtedness are terrifying, and we are going to have 3-4 million unemployed by 2011. Canada isn't the best economy in the world, but I'd like to know why you think the Canadian currency is a better bet than ours? Seriously, tell me, maybe I'm missing something.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 4:15 am
Wanna-be Canadian

loser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant future

$1.80 to the £1 !
Old Dec 18th 2008, 4:44 am
ck1
Forum Regular

ck1 has a spectacular aura aboutck1 has a spectacular aura aboutck1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by loser40
$1.80 to the £1 !
This is getting ridiculous.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

it has gone as low as $1.78 today
Old Dec 18th 2008, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

TheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond repute

I applied for my HSBC account last week and am waiting to transfer ten grand...lost 500 quid in a week. We have complete monkies running the country, if they'r enot careful this is goint o turn into a rout.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 6:34 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheBear
I applied for my HSBC account last week and am waiting to transfer ten grand...lost 500 quid in a week. We have complete monkies running the country, if they'r enot careful this is goint o turn into a rout.
Be grateful you're not going to Spain or Ireland - probably be crying right now....
Old Dec 18th 2008, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by G77
Be grateful you're not going to Spain or Ireland - probably be crying right now....
I'm going to Germany this weekend
Old Dec 18th 2008, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you think that? Gordon Brown is a lunatic and together with Darling they are destroying our economy. The only serious industry we have in this country now is financial services. If you include the off balance sheet stuff like PFI, public sector pensions and the recent gamble on the financial markets, our national debt is massive. Our levels of personal indebtedness are terrifying, and we are going to have 3-4 million unemployed by 2011. Canada isn't the best economy in the world, but I'd like to know why you think the Canadian currency is a better bet than ours? Seriously, tell me, maybe I'm missing something.
I don't think the Canadian currency is a better bet than the Pound. But if you meant the other way around.... sure, nulabia are toss pots, and I think the whole Country can see that now. But luckily for the UK, the entire Country isn't run by toss pots. It's just in the unfortunate position that we have toss pots at the helm today... tomorrow's another story. Brits are very resilient. I'm not sure that's so true of Canadians from what I've seen so far.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

muddypuddle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all - first post for me. I'd suggest that Moneycorp's daily / weekly update on the CAD exchange rate is well worth a read... their view is the same as many traders (who are taking large positions) on the pound recovering somewhat in January and again over the course of the next 6 months or so.
There is a definite lag in the Canadian economy compared to the UK one and the £ is still getting a media kicking. Having said that - we're all just guessing at the end of the day...
Old Dec 19th 2008, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Diefenbaker is on a distinguished road

That's unfair, Monkeys are intelligent and loveable. I'm sure the exchange rate will improve again once I've returned from my recce in February, it usually does.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Southcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Diefenbaker
That's unfair, Monkeys are intelligent and loveable. I'm sure the exchange rate will improve again once I've returned from my recce in February, it usually does.
Nothing personal but I hope you are right !
Old Dec 19th 2008, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Diefenbaker
I'm sure the exchange rate will improve again once I've returned from my recce in February, it usually does.
Wouldn't bank on it this year. Over the last few years the dollar has peaked in value during the Winter months because of the higher demand for oil in the Western world to provide heat (at least in principle). Now that oil is worth naff all to the Canadian economy we're likely to see less of this effect.

Just my two pence worth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.