Exchange rate

Old May 10th 2007, 1:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchange rate

Originally Posted by steve666
I'm getting the hang of this
Show off

HIFX hasn't changed for several hours and I'm presuming I'm waiting for Canadian doors to open any moment ?

Otherwise, I SO have not got the hang of this yet !!
Old May 10th 2007, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

When you lot change money up how many pips are standard that you lose from bid price? I use my inhouse forex desk which take 7-10 pips off me (ie if bid price is 2.1964 i would get 2.1954-57). what do the outside companies take?

I have a contact at Moneycorp that i may be able to put people in contact with, she is an ex-colleague of mine, she is helping a friend of mine out at the moment. When i find out the haircut they take i can let people know.
Old May 10th 2007, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
Show off

HIFX hasn't changed for several hours and I'm presuming I'm waiting for Canadian doors to open any moment ?

Otherwise, I SO have not got the hang of this yet !!
The Canadian market's been open for a little while now and no change. I reckon it's not going anywhere, certainly not today or tomorrow.
Old May 10th 2007, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

http://www.forexdirectory.net/cad.html

2.1948 bid at the moment
Old May 10th 2007, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

My most recent quotes have always been at least one whole point off what is shown on the websites, sometimes more ... that's lots of 'pips' ... we've tried to bargain and they come up a smidgeon, literally works out as a few quid ... nowt to write home about ...

Right - got to do school run, it's not all going to crash and burn before I get back, is it
Old May 10th 2007, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cneldred
When you lot change money up how many pips are standard that you lose from bid price? I use my inhouse forex desk which take 7-10 pips off me (ie if bid price is 2.1964 i would get 2.1954-57). what do the outside companies take?

I have a contact at Moneycorp that i may be able to put people in contact with, she is an ex-colleague of mine, she is helping a friend of mine out at the moment. When i find out the haircut they take i can let people know.
cneldred I'm starting to fall in love with you.
Old May 10th 2007, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Excellent... As Mr Burns would say.
Old May 10th 2007, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: The Vancouver Suburbs... for the next few years anyway!
The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

Any chance Blair's departure will help the pound?
Old May 10th 2007, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond repute

Doubt it with Gordon Brown waiting in the wings.

Old May 10th 2007, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Iain Mc
Doubt it with Gordon Brown waiting in the wings.

Aye, it's Gordon that calls the shots economy wise, him and the BoE, not Blair.
This time next year though, it'll be the conservatives in charge. Will they take the interest rate strings of control back from the BoE I wonder? Not that I'll be here then.

Last edited by steve666; May 10th 2007 at 2:11 pm. Reason: dunno
Old May 10th 2007, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: The Vancouver Suburbs... for the next few years anyway!
The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

i just wondered if it would show more confidence in the UK - hahaha I'm getting desperate for a rise can you tell?
Old May 10th 2007, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

This time next year though, it'll be the conservatives in charge. Will they take the interest rate strings of control back from the BoE I wonder? Not that I'll be here then.
no they can't BOE doing a great job, would be terrible for UK economy if they revoked independence.
Old May 10th 2007, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

no they can't BOE doing a great job, would be terrible for UK economy if they revoked independence.
My view too, the best thing Gordon did when he got power. Mixing politics and money is never a good idea, in fact mixing politics with anything sn't a good idea.
Old May 10th 2007, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

The BoE have allowed house prices to triple and consumer debt to more than double in a mere ten years by setting rates far too low. They've done an absolutely appalling job.
Old May 10th 2007, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MarkG
The BoE have allowed house prices to triple and consumer debt to more than double in a mere ten years by setting rates far too low. They've done an absolutely appalling job.
OMG conflicting views from the experts!

Unfortunately we can't really be sure how the economy would have turned out had the government kept control, it would have to be guesswork.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.