Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

English Plasterer

English Plasterer

Old Jan 1st 2013, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

poll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of light
Smile English Plasterer

Is there a plasterer in the Pitt Meadows or surrounding area
that could skim a room for me?
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English Plasterer

Originally Posted by poll72000
Is there a plasterer in the Pitt Meadows or surrounding area
that could skim a room for me?
Do you need a plasterer or someone to mud and tape?

Only asking because it's unusual to "plaster" over here?
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

clay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ArthurBrit
Do you need a plasterer or someone to mud and tape?

Only asking because it's unusual to "plaster" over here?

Taping is used on a new build or new extension etc... plastering is used on new build or can be used to plaster over older walls/ceilings.. plastering is a skill and is a far better job than taping...
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clay
Taping is used on a new build or new extension etc... plastering is used on new build or can be used to plaster over older walls/ceilings.. plastering is a skill and is a far better job than taping...
I'm not saying it's not used here but the majority of homes are just mudded and taped as a prefered method.

I've noticed that plaster walls are typically in older homes now and Canadians in general don't like the older plastering technique, it was one of the things I first noticed here.

Maybe it's the area i'm in?
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

clay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to all

Taping only covers the joint in the plasterboards, the finish when painted is smooth, the same as a plaster skim coat, the canadians maybe don't like the price as opposed to the finish of traditional plastering, probably havent got the skilled people to do it. Taping is far cheaper and is therefore done in a lot of kit houses... ie. timber framed,