Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Engineering Design Jobs

Engineering Design Jobs

Old Jul 9th 2007, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Jib Jib is a jewel in the roughJib Jib is a jewel in the roughJib Jib is a jewel in the roughJib Jib is a jewel in the roughJib Jib is a jewel in the rough
Default Engineering Design Jobs

Hi Everyone,

I'm a 3D (Currently PDMS) Piping Designer and just wanted to know if anyone else on here had any contacts for work in Canada? I'm looking for either an agent (in the UK or Canada) or company that'll supply a work permit?

Thanks

David
Old Jul 9th 2007, 2:45 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Engineering Design Jobs

For a list of potentially useful companies, check out Canadian companies with Pipeline Oil and Gas Equipment and Services capabilities.

Suggest you read the BE Wiki on Careers in Canada and take on board what is says about job hunting.

Also suggest you read the Working Temporarily in Canada section of the BE Wiki entitled Canadian Immigration Overview. An agent definitely cannot supply you with a work permit and, for that matter, neither can a Canadian employer. What a Canadian employer can do is apply to HRSDC for a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) which, in turn, would enable you to apply for a work permit.

I'm not sure if your occupation is classified as an Occupation Under Pressure in Alberta. I don't see Piping Designers on the list. However, I'm wondering if Piping Designers would fall within the category of Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians. The benefit of having an occupation that is classified as an Occupation Under Pressure is that employers are not required to undertake extensive advertising efforts before being eligible to apply for an LMO.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Like Judy I'm not exactly sure what it is you do. You could try workopolis and the consulting engineers of alberta website. That has a list of all the member companies and it is well worth trawling through all the companies and looking at their individual websites

Gryph
Old Jul 9th 2007, 5:22 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jib Jib
Hi Everyone,

I'm a 3D (Currently PDMS) Piping Designer and just wanted to know if anyone else on here had any contacts for work in Canada? I'm looking for either an agent (in the UK or Canada) or company that'll supply a work permit?

Thanks

David
You could try these guys they are looking for people.

Propak Systems Ltd.
click on the "Careers at Propak" link in the gold bar a the top of the screen.

I don't know if they supply work permits, it looks like they do as they do have some Chinese Engineers working for them.

Cheers
Steve
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Roos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really nice

Have you looked on the Job bank?
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Jib Jib is a jewel in the roughJib Jib is a jewel in the roughJib Jib is a jewel in the roughJib Jib is a jewel in the roughJib Jib is a jewel in the rough

Whats the "job bank"?
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Roos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really nice

http://jobbank.gc.ca/JobResult_en.as...ent&Student=No
Old Jul 10th 2007, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.workopolis.com/work.aspx?...ang=EN&OldUrl=
Good luck,
Yoong
Old Jul 11th 2007, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

shriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really nice

You could try these agents:

1) Design Group Staffing
www.dg.ca

2) Manpower Professional
www.manpowerab.com
Old Jul 20th 2007, 6:24 pm
Banned

Beaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to behold

try this guy [email protected] = agent, they're new and may be keen

you're on petrolink too as pee dms ???
Old Jul 20th 2007, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that....

Yeah thats me on Petrochemlink.... Not having much look so far and if you've read my other post you'll know I made the biggest mistake of my life by turning down a job with SNC after being interviewed in London!

Still the search goes on - I've had more luck with agents from Oz, offering PDMS posistions with Kvaerner in Perth, but having never been I dont know if I fancy it or not. Been to Calgary before so at least I know what its like there.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 7:02 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jib Jib
Thanks for that....

Yeah thats me on Petrochemlink.... Not having much look so far and if you've read my other post you'll know I made the biggest mistake of my life by turning down a job with SNC after being interviewed in London!

Still the search goes on - I've had more luck with agents from Oz, offering PDMS posistions with Kvaerner in Perth, but having never been I dont know if I fancy it or not. Been to Calgary before so at least I know what its like there.
Ny nextdoor neighbours are from Perth. They moved to Newfoundland because they found Perth too hot! (& for work). Should you also fancy moving to the Rock, this might be of interest: http://www.careerbeacon.com/prov/en/4/0/3/MB0707181449