Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Employment check

Employment check

Old May 19th 2003, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Employment check

Anybody know how seriously Immigration checks when a person has a job offer? I mean - do they really verify that the job is genuine and that it has been advertised and nobody applied for it. This is a job in a care home - you don't have to have any skills to do it. Its on the job training. Do they just phone and ask you or do you have to prove?
Old May 19th 2003, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

wizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud of

It depends on what the job is for.

If it is for a work permit then you can't even apply for the work permit without a full HRDC (human resource development Canada) verification. That is the one where they have to have advertised and proved there are no suitable Canadians etc.

The second case is when you are talking guaranteed employment once you get PR to get the extra points in a skilled worker application.

In this case youd o not need tehf ull HRDC validation because you are not going to be a foreign worker, you don't do the job until youa re a PR at which point you are part of the Canadian workforce they must prove is unqualified for the work permit etc.

What you do have to have though is a positive HRDC assessment for the processing officer. I'm not 100% sure whether the employer gets it fo you or if CIC gets it themselves but i think the employer has to get it.

It's much more straightforward though than the full verification. All they have to do is demonstrate it's a real job that pays a real salary. So you can't just have say your friend Bill who owns a business say "oh ill give youa job when you move". there actually has to be a real job there to do and so forth. So what you must present to CIC in yoru application is a proper official job offer from the company and the HRDC report saying that it's a real job.

As to whether they will check if you ever do the job, no one really knows because not many people have landed with guaranteed job offers yet, but i'd guess once you are a PR it's up to you what job you do.