Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Email to Minister Caplan

Email to Minister Caplan

Old Jan 6th 2002, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

jaihanumanjee is an unknown quantity at this point

Posted by comments on January 05, 2002 at 02:47:26:

For all those people that have already applied for migration and are unlikely to be past the interview stage on 28 June 2002 you are no doubt worried. Here is the solution! The minister of immigration is taking public proposals on the opinion of the new bill. You can post an email until 13 Feb 2002 to state your case about the pass mark (75 and 80) as well as the "retroactive" application of the new law to old applications. The address is:
[email protected]
Please send constructive ideas and opinions that will be useful. With enough public resistence, they might change before the second draft bill is published in middle of February.
Link :
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/press/n...gulations.html

Comments on the proposed regulations can be sent to the Department's Legislative Review and Implementation Branch at [email protected] or by fax to(613) 946-0581. All comments received will be given due consideration. All other immigration matters should be directed as per usual to the CIC Call Centre nearest you.

Comments to canadian Govt
Old Jan 6th 2002, 2:50 pm
Andrew Miller

The Bill C-11 is approved and received Royal Assent - it will not be revisited,
period. What is being discussed now are the new Regulations and only Canadians have
the right to comment on the draft, so don't hold your breath hoping that anyone will
listen to you, sorry.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 6th 2002, 3:40 pm
Lynn Holden

I checked with CIC and with my MP and was told that PR's could submit comments as
well as full fledged Canadian Citizens.........PR's just cannot vote or hold office,
but they realize we sure can influence our spouses!! Well at least on some
things.......lol! Lynn

Andrew Miller wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
<blockquote type="cite"> <pre wrap="">Posted by comments on January 05, 2002 at
02:47:26:<br><br>For all those people that have already applied for migration and
are<br>unlikely to be past the interview stage on 28 June 2002 you are no
doubt<br>worried. Here is the solution! The minister of immigration is
taking<br>public proposals on the opinion of the new bill. You can post an
email<br>until 13 Feb 2002 to state your case about the pass mark (75 and 80)
as<br>well as the "retroactive" application of the new law to old<br>applications.
The address is: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a> Please
send<br>constructive ideas and opinions that will be useful. With enough
public<br>resistence, they might change before the second draft bill is
published<br>in middle of February. Link :<br><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" hre-
f="http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/press/n...gulations.html">http://www.cic.gc.c-
a/english/press/notice/regula

</blockquote> <pre wrap=""><!----><br><br></pre> </blockquote> <br> <pre
class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">-- Web Page: <a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.julyfood.com">http://www.julyfood.com</a> </pre> <br>
</body> </html>

--------------090005030703040703080104--

Old Jan 6th 2002, 7:45 pm
Andrew Miller

Yes Lynn, all Canadians have the right to comment - it includes Canadian PRs. I
didn't say that Canadian citizens only, I said Canadians as Canadian PRs are so
called "new Canadians".

--

../..

sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >The Bill C-11 is approved and received Royal Assent - it will not be[/usenetquote2]
revisited,
[usenetquote2]> >period. What is being discussed now are the new Regulations and only[/usenetquote2]
Canadians
[usenetquote2]> >have the right to comment on the draft, so don't hold your breath hoping[/usenetquote2]
that
[usenetquote2]> >anyone will listen to you, sorry.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >--[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >../..[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >sending email)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >________________________________[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> >>Posted by comments on January 05, 2002 at 02:47:26:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>For all those people that have already applied for migration and are unlikely to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>be past the interview stage on 28 June 2002 you are no doubt worried. Here is the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>solution! The minister of immigration is taking public proposals on the opinion[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>of the new bill. You can post an email until 13 Feb 2002 to state your case about[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>the pass mark (75 and 80) as well as the "retroactive" application of the new law[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>to old applications. The address is: [email protected] Please send[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>constructive ideas and opinions that will be useful. With enough public[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>resistence, they might change before the second draft bill is published in middle[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>of February. Link : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/press/notice/regulations.html[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>Comments on the proposed regulations can be sent to the Department's Legislative[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>Review and Implementation Branch at [email protected] or by fax to(613)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>946-0581. All comments received will be given due consideration. All other[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>immigration matters should be directed as per usual to the CIC Call Centre[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>nearest you.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>Comments to canadian Govt[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>--[/usenetquote2]

>
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 7th 2002, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

Mr Miller,
Keep yourself updated.
Thanks
Old Jan 7th 2002, 6:48 am
Greg_del_pilar

What do you mean by "keep yourself updated"? As far as I understand, Mr. Miller
simply said that the law had already been passed, and no amount of emails to Minister
Caplan can change it. What's not up-to-date with that?

I don't mean to offend you, but if you believe that the law can still be changed at
this point through emails, I believe you are not up-to-date with things. Thanks!

>
    >
    >

Old Jan 7th 2002, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Default Hey Pillar,Andrew Miller

Dear Mr Pillar and Mr Miller,
Considering your support for your esteemed Government.I have a question for you.
Well what are your views on the non refund policy of the Application Fees( 500 Candian Dollars) which the Canadian Government has conveniently taken from Potential Immigrants who were qualified under the old law but not in the new law and who submitted the Application before the new law was implemented and who may not get the results by 28th June 2002?Why is there no question of Refund from Your Esteemed Honourable,Honest,Minister Ms Caplan? Why is Canadian Government quiet on this issue?
Please write your "esteemed Honourable" views here.
Old Jan 7th 2002, 4:37 pm
Canim

It has been now nearly a month that you are crying about your 500 dollars. Just write
a mail to the appropriate address and wait. Mr. miller can not help you with this.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

>
    >

Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.usenet.com

Old Jan 7th 2002, 9:35 pm
Sbmallik

jaihanumanjee <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Hi There,

I think every country needs to select immigrants on a need basis (for the benefit
of the country) and not based on the welfare of the immigrants. So please stop
blaming others and blabbering nonsense - if you cannot make it seems like you dont
deserve it.

Old Jan 8th 2002, 1:55 am
Greg_del_pilar

Jaihanumanjee:

This is a different question. And my humble opinion is that the goverment of Canada
should consider giving each applicant a CHOICE to withdraw their application if they
think that they will not qualify. However, to be fair with the goverment, I also
realize that it has already spent so much tax dollars in processing these
applications, so it would also be unfair to return the full amount to the applicant;
the applicant should bear part of the cost of what has already transpired. So, to
answer your question, I think the goverment should at least try to define standards
that determine how much of the processing fee can be returned to the applicant at
every phase of the process.

The fact that the goverment "changed the rules" in the middle of the game is
unfortunate, but it is also NOT unfair, as many applicants may think; in my opinon,
every goverment has the right to change its policies for the good of the country and
its people ---- not withstanding what potential immigrants think.

--- no offense, just my 2 cents on the subject. Thanks!

Greg

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 8th 2002, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

Sb Malik (Paki?) I am not talking Nonsense but raising a valid point of refund.I hope you understand it Paki.By the way dont have much expectations from you or your creed.

Old Jan 8th 2002, 11:16 am
Jaj

Greg here is spot on. The CAD500 fee is I guess to cover the costs of assessing the
applications. No application can be deemed to have passed or failed under either old
or new regulations until it is assessed, which costs the Canadian government money.

I agree that it would be fair for the CDN government to give people a window of
opportunity to withdraw their applications and reclaim the application fee if they
wish to do so. Of course, then some people would withdraw their applications who
would otherwise have got permission to migrate to Canada in the end. But if the
Canadian govt decides not to refund application fees, then it's isn't fair but that's
life. Life's often unfair.

As for any applicant in this position, who faces losing their application fee, how
much is CAD500 really worth to them? Because if it's all the money they have in the
world, then they wouldn't have the necessary settlement funds to land in Canada in
any case. And if they have, then CAD500 may well hurt but shouldn't be the end of
the world.

I do have sympathy for people who believe they have lost money unnecessarily, but
taking legal action to try to recover this money would simply appear to be throwing
good money after bad.

A question for Andrew and others more closely involved: Is there any chance that
using the new criteria/pass mark that Canada will be able to find enough people to
meet its immigration targets who both:

- qualify for CDN immigration under the new rules; AND
- want to go to Canada as opposed to any other possible destination. (as alternatives
there's Australia, NZ, the US, Singapore, plus many EU states, especially the UK
which is starting up its own skilled migration system that will attract some as it
expands in the next few years).

The pass mark of 80 seems a very high hurdle, even for well educated people from
English/French speaking countries (especially if they're single). People with NAFTA
work rights may well get the CDN work experience or a validated job offer, but do
many Americans want to immigrate to Canada?

Although processing officers will have discretion to approve applications below 80,
surely this defeats the purpose of the exercise (plus will require heaps of
operational memoranda on how this 'discretion' is to be exercised).

Interested in your views.

Jeremy

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]>> Dear Mr Pillar and Mr Miller, Considering your support for your esteemed[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Government.I have a question for you. Well what are your views on the non refund[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> policy of the Application Fees( 500 Candian Dollars) which the Canadian Government[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> has conveniently taken from Potential Immigrants who were qualified under the old[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> law but not in the new law and who submitted the Application before the new law[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> was implemented and who may not get the results by 28th June 2002?Why is there no[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> question of Refund from Your Esteemed Honourable,Honest,Minister Ms Caplan? Why is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Canadian Government quiet on this issue? Please write your "esteemed Honourable"[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> views here.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> --[/usenetquote2]

Old Jan 8th 2002, 3:06 pm
Andrew Miller

If CIC wouldn't think after analyzing all available data that there will be enough
applicants qualifying under new selection grid and high pass mark then they wouldn't
set the mark that high. I myself already experience a substantial surge in number of
inquiries from people who previously didn't qualify because their occupation was not
on GOL and now they have pretty good chance. I agree with you that for many who don't
have a job offer qualifying may be hard under new rules, but if they have a good
potential for successful establishment in Canada and such is well presented in their
application then they most likely be approved even if their case is a borderline or
even below the borderline. This is what the discretionary power of processing
officers is for. And such discretion doesn't defeat the purpose of high mark at all -
it just adds the needed flexibility to the system.

--

../..

sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >On Tue, 08 Jan 2002 02:55:01 GMT, "Greg_Del_Pilar"[/usenetquote2]

>
[usenetquote2]> >Jaihanumanjee:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >This is a different question. And my humble opinion is that the goverment of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >Canada should consider giving each applicant a CHOICE to withdraw their[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >application if they think that they will not qualify. However, to be fair with the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >goverment, I also realize that it has already spent so much tax dollars in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >processing these applications, so it would also be unfair to return the full[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >amount to the applicant; the applicant should bear part of the cost of what has[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >already transpired. So, to answer your question, I think the goverment should at[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >least try to define standards that determine how much of the processing fee can be[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >returned to the applicant at every phase of the process.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >The fact that the goverment "changed the rules" in the middle of the game is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >unfortunate, but it is also NOT unfair, as many applicants may think; in my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >opinon, every goverment has the right to change its policies for the good of the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >country and its people ---- not withstanding what potential immigrants think.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >--- no offense, just my 2 cents on the subject. Thanks![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >Greg[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> >> Dear Mr Pillar and Mr Miller, Considering your support for your esteemed[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> Government.I have a question for you. Well what are your views on the non refund[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> policy of the Application Fees( 500 Candian Dollars) which the Canadian[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> Government has conveniently taken from Potential Immigrants who were qualified[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> under the old law but not in the new law and who submitted the Application[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> before the new law was implemented and who may not get the results by 28th June[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> 2002?Why is there no question of Refund from Your Esteemed[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> Honourable,Honest,Minister Ms Caplan? Why is Canadian Government quiet on this[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> issue? Please write your "esteemed Honourable" views here.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> --[/usenetquote2]

>

Old Jan 8th 2002, 3:48 pm
Serge

And judging from your racial slur you must be an Indian national dear "jaianumanjee"
or whatether your name is. Running out of H1 visa and your hopes for Canadian PR as a
safety net are gone now so you are pissed off, eh? Good, go back home...

Serge

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 9th 2002, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

Default Serge

I guess from your nick you are a east european immigrant.
Sarge,Good that you are not starving.Were you a refugee?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.