Education

Old Oct 27th 2003, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

peterb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Education

Can anyone tell me a little about the Canadian Education system for children who are over 16 ie they have completed their GCSE's in England, and are moving to live in Canada.

What level of the education system do they enter at.
Old Oct 27th 2003, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

Hum_drum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Education

I think they are at high school until 18 and can go on to college and university after that
Old Oct 27th 2003, 8:54 pm
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Education

Originally posted by peterb
Can anyone tell me a little about the Canadian Education system for children who are over 16 ie they have completed their GCSE's in England, and are moving to live in Canada.

What level of the education system do they enter at.
If you think they are v advanced you might like to convince the school to have them go a year ahead (ie grade 12 instead of grade 11), but it should be easy for them to complete their last two years of high school. Have a chat with the school counsellor when you arrive.

When they have started school don't forget that the grades here are inflated! So a grade of 70% doesnt automatically mean they will get into university. For some of the BC unis they are looking at grade point averages in the 80s (!) to do some arts and science courses. :scared:

Clare